CENTRAL,MARYVILLE,CARTER, POWELL

Guest shifty

Guest blue1

I have been folowing Central since the fifities. I have seen Central play at Pruden field and Dan Y. Boring Stadium. I seldom miss a football, generally see the basketball team play at least once a week, and try to see the baseball team play from time to time. I have even seen a couple of soccer games, volleyball match, girls softball, and track meets. To say the least I am a fan of the Bobcats. I would certainly hope that the current coaches would not do anything to tarnish the image and fine reputation that Central has in athletics. But unfortunately I have to admit that rage character has a point. To an outsider or casual observor it looks pretty suspicious when a high school team hires a little league coach and several of the players he coaches decide to transfer. Especially when there hasn't been a past histoy of this. If what the rage says is true. Then it sure does appear from an objective point of view that at the least this coach influenced these young men to transfer. I have found in my 60+ years on this earth that kids usually like to go to school in the community in which they live and play with the kids they grew up with.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blue1

I would not say I am a supporter. I don't even know if Red Rage's points are valid. I wasn't aware that Central had a coach that used to be a little league coach in Halls. I thought that all of the players were suppose to go to Central. I wasn't aware of any transfers they had. All I am saying is if a person didn't know better they may get the impression that Central may be using a Little League coach to influence palyers to come to Central. I don't think that is happening at Central at least I certainly hope not. But I can understand why he may feel that way.

Guest BMITH

It's not a concidence blue, everybody in the community knows what goes on. It a common known fact. Oh by the way Jkerrbdaman, keep you white trash Ric Flair references to yourself. Where are you from...Kodak? :D:D

From 0-6 in the region to 3-3 is an improvment.

Satisfied with 3-8, No. I'm sure there are some cases were 4th place teams won, but they are few and far between. For a program that has been in the football dulldroms for so long a playoff birth is big, maybe our program will feed off of that and improve even more this season. If we take it step by step we can get where we want to be; after all 'Rome wasn't built in a day' nor are great football programs.

Posted by TNT:

My mistake. I guess i was thinking of the one big win Carter had over Halls. Still 3 wins and in the playoffs. Do you or anyone think that a 3rd or 4th place team is going very far in the playoffs...Dont know the results but i doubt a 4th place team won a playoff game, Also doubt if a 3rd place won many. Just saying the should not be 4 teams making the playoffs. If Carter is proud to be in the playoffs with a 3win season, Then Carter will not turn the program into a Winner.

Did you know that Central has TWO former little League coaches that now coach at Central. One from halls and one from Powell. Both have been known to hang out at other teams middle school ballgames. I just haven't figured out what they are looking for. I know they are not looking for new Offensive and defensive plays. They are just probably trying to help the middle coaches at Gresham scout the other teams.

Red rage,

I just joined coach t a few weeks ago, but I have been on the site several times before with friends looking at any posts about 4A football, and have noticed your hatred toward Central. To correct your false assumptions, no I am not a Central fan. I am a fan of football (thus the screen name). Remember what happens if you ####-u-me. Do what you want will to make an @$$ out of yourself, but please don't include me, because you don't know me. :) I enjoy football, and have been to see Central play. Mostly when they play Maryville, because it is always a classic match up. If you want to see a good game, go to that one. The Maryville vs. Morristown West is usually good too.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Do you make it a habit of looking at the profiles of everyone who makes any comment about you. Are you that insecure that you have to try and find out who the vile persons are that drag your name through the mud? If you can't take people making comments about your posts, then stop posting. :)

What will happen to the Panthers as rumor has it Coach Duncan will be leaving - since his daughter is graduating he will have to follow her maybe as a softball coach (yea right)

To Missingtherealstory: You posted; "Central has had better athletes than Maryville in the past few years".

Really?? Ya think? What do you base this assumption on? Are you one of those little league coaches someone is talking about? I have coached little league but I don˜t think I am ready for a position on GQ˜s staff. I note that Maryville wins other region championships in other sports, or at least are more (Than Central) competitive against all other opponents. I think both schools have had great athletes over the years but make no mistake Maryville has some stallions roaming their field of play year end and year out. The ladies down here in Blount County also do real well, check the softball & BBall scores. Attitude, hard work, commitment to excellence, the desire and expectations to win are afew of the keys. By the way these lesser athletes need more trophy case space, again!

Halls will be back in the playoffs this year mark my word on it and take it to the bank. I agree that Maryville and Central will be in also. However, I'm not quite sure who will be the 4th team in the region. If Powell can find 3 RB's to replace Milligan then they will be in, OR if Carter can put together two 3 win seasons in a row or better then they will make it. MY MONEY IS ON POWELL.

GO REDDEVILS!!!!!!!! :):):D:)