CENTRAL,MARYVILLE,CARTER, POWELL

Guest shifty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fever, I see Redrage's point, perhaps to the uninformed it might be perceived as recruiting. However, I am fairly close to the situation, and I can honestly say that I see no evidence that would lead me to believe that any of the Bobcats players are illegal, or out of zone, or whatever you want to call it. Now, I do have a situation I want you to ponder. I have been told by a couple of KEY people in sports administration that Central is considered an "open zone", due to the geographic nature of its territory.Notice what the school is called CENTRAL, not North, South, East, or West. Although, you agree or disagree, this is a moot point if this information is correct. Now notice, I said whether you agree or disagree, it makes no difference what we think, the legalities of the matter are already satisfied.

I enjoy the "bantering" back and forth, and I think that is only helping to fuel rivalries, which is what many of us live for in the fall. However, if you think that the powers that be at CHS would permit open recruiting, then you are sadly mistaken my friend.

So, yes I do see Blue 1's point, and I answered his question, but that does not mean I agree with him/her.

"The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

(Edited by JKerrBdaMan 4-16-03)

JKerr you are so very correct in that Central is an open zoned school that can take transfers. However, let's talk about Blue1's second question. How many players are on Central's roster that are out of zone? Now lets be honest here ok because I can personally name 5-7 myself. And another question for you is.....How many coaches on Central's staff are former super midget coaches in Halls? Thanks and have a great day. :confused:

Guest blue1

I have two simple questions. That require only a yes or no answer.

1. Do you have several transfers on your football team?

2. Of those transfers did some of them play for a little league coach who is now on the Central staff?

It seems in your earlier response you sort of beat around the bush. And being a bit older my mind is not as sharp as it used to be so I have trouble reading between the lines.

Central has a zoned attendance boundary just like every other school in Knox Co.'s school system, so enough of this "open - zoned" b.s. However, there are some creative transfers that do take place and there are a couple of numbers that come into play here. For example, if you run a sub 4.8 forty and bench around 300, then you will be told to transfer to Central because you want to take a class there that your zoned school doesn't offer. On the other hand, if you can't break 5.5 on your forty or bench your body weight, then that class is probably already full.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a moot point. Everyone knows what happens and it's not going to change, so what's the point in arguing about it? The way I see it, other Knox Co. schools need to throw their ethics out the window and join the fray, or sit back and cry about it while Central continues to tune them like a cheap piano every year!

I may be mistaken, but I thought that this began as a thread about who would win region 3-4A next year. Why don't we drop all the arguing and talk about the subject at hand. Who is going to be the top dog in region 3-4A next year? I don't know who lost what. I would obviously have to favor Maryville to win, although they lost Carl Stewart they still have McCord and others. Central usually comes in second, but I think they lost a lot of people on defense like the Minton kid and their MLB Howerton, I think. Powell usually is in the hunt also, but they lost their franchise player in Milligan. Without him they didn't seem to have much last year. Halls is another possibility. They will definitely need to find someone to fill Lively's shoes though. Clinton usually has some good athletes, but they lost that kid, I don't remember his name, he is the one who got kicked out of the Halls game. I don't know much about Carter, but I know that the Reynolds kid is still there. I doubt that West will be in the hunt, they seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth.

My pick based on past track records would have to be

1. Maryville

2. Central

3. Powell

4. Halls