who's the best keeper around

sean100589

Who's not giving them any credit. I said I thought Josh was a good keeper, I just think the kid from SD is better. As for Crunk, I think he was good too. But I also look at what Crunk had in front of him. He had one of the better defenses around. Teams had very few decent shots so his job was not that difficult most of the time. The players on the better teams get more publicity. The kid at SD does not and did not have anywhere NEAR the supporting cast. He has made SD competitive almost single-handedly. His reactions, strength, positioning, hands and foot are as good as you will find. Bearden has two of the better forwards in the state and one of the best overall attacks, yet they scored only one goal against Farragut. Is that because the Farragut keeper is one of the best in the state?

I believe one thing you have to look at regarding Crunk is IF he was truely as good as some make him out to be, being the star keeper on the premier team around, why was he relegated to going to King College as opposed to a higher profile school? In my opinion, Crunk was a good keeper whose status was a product of his team. I think Josh has a better upside than Crunk. But I would take the SD kid over any keeper I have seen recently.

[Edited by Seldon on 4-23-03 4:15P]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to no if you two have ever seen Mike Day play. He always has good games and makes amazing saves. He is a good keeper wheather you like it or not. I also want to get across that this is just my opion and you are intitled to yours.Also I would not like an argument I am just voiceing my opion.

Elam is better than sd's keeper bottom line. SD's keeper was good last year I'll admit, but he wasnt even the second best last year. The two best keepers last year were Brian Crunk and John Jarnigo. This year it is Elam who would have started all 4 years if he didnt have to play behind the All-American game's MVP. Crunk went to King college which is a good soccer school. I'm interested to know where SD's keeper is going, not for comparison but because he is a good keep. Elam is the best this year though, sorry fellas.

Ok....Just because you guys go to great soccer programs , and you have great soccer players, that doesn't mean that Day can't be a great keeper. Please don't take anything away from this guy. He's a great keeper, and Kingston might not have the most talent, or the most skilled players, but keep in mind Kingston is no where near the skill level that Farragut is. The argue is unwinnable, but Day and Elam are great keepers. Now let's just leave it at that.