WHAT ARE THE BEST RIVALIES IN TN?

WarriorFan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mhs, You are right. Maryville wasn't always a much bigger school than Alcoa. I can remember when Maryville and Alcoa were AA schools. I can remember when Maryville played Loudon,Kingston,Harriman,Rockwood,Austin East,Seymour,Gatlinburg Pittman,Scott County,Lenior City and Oliver Springs in the playoffs because they were in the same classification as those teams. Look how Maryville has grown over the years?

you are talking about the 98' game.

that was DB's most talented team, in my opinion.

-don't forget about the 99' game at your place-the whole stadium got tired of seeing purple run up and down the field.

-the 2000 game at SC was the most exciting game that I've been apart of in a while. We tied the game with less than a minute with a "Dan Marino fake spike" for a TD. Then opted for the win with a 2 point try on a play that had went for big yards earlier in the game.-but we came up short.

-2001 game/we didn't even make you all worry

-2002 in my opinion our OL dominated in the first half, but DB seemed to keep making plays when you had to, and ended up being a whipping.

-I think DB does a great job coaching, and I believe the players "believe they are going to win"

*We're in the mode right now of trying to get back to a rivalry with DB**

-But I can promise you that we don't teach our players to intentionally harm another player-football is a violent game and sometimes that gets confused with dirty. Dirty is hitting after the whistle, and we've all been the victims of that.

Hardly anybody knows about this small school memphis rivalry except for people associated with the schools. It's become very heated over the past few years. They were just recently able to resume playing each others because games against in each other in all sports have the potential to become ugly. FACS plays at TR on their senior night this season.

The longest consecutive rivalry is South Pittsburg and Marion County. They have played more years in succession than any other rivalry in the state. Of course one of the biggest as well if you don't believe me check it out sometime. They just don't like each other, especially on the football field.