Volunteer Falcons

Guest vhs06falcon

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to name a few of the outstanding Hawkins County athletes that have played @ D-B: Ryan Wagner, Jimmy McClain, Rodney McClain, Kelly Morton, Mickey Seavers, Luke Kiersy...there have many others. There have players from Sullivan County, as well and even from Carter County and Memphis. Players go where they think they can have the best opportunity to play and/or they go for other reasons, parents work in the city system, parents want them to go where they went, parents think they will have a better chance for a scholarship, whatever. The player we are now talking about went to Volunteer because he wanted to play both football and basketball and had been dismissed from the D-B basketball team. Others have gone to Volunteer because they didn't want to play behind Adonis Johnson, others had been kicked off the D-B teams and wanted somewhere to play.

I hope the new player @ Volunteer helps the team and helps himself.

Roll Tribe Roll

whos this levi guy that plays for volunteer? every time id walk back to my huddle during the elizabethton@volunteer scrimmage id hear someone saying "good job levi" except they werent talking to me. the levi is the first levi ive ever heard of that hasnt been myself.

I have also heard Brian would have someone new, but I didn't hear a name.

Volunteer started out a little slow but finished strong last night against North Green. They had some big kids and there were some heavy licks thrown. Defense still looks to be the strong point at this time but the timing between Chucky and the receivers looks a lot better. The kids show a lot of spunk and feel like they can play with anybody. A few breaks and a healthy season, no telling what can happen. Jamboree at Morristown Friday. I think we drew Morristown West, not sure when we play, I'd say around 5, I'll try to get a time.

"Wrap'em up and ride'em down"