Knoxville teams and spring practice.

Guest blue1

Why are we discussing Farragut and Bearden football on here. Have they ever finished in the top 1 or 2 of thier region? If Beardens football coaches did the same job that the track coaches are doing they would be world beaters. They have so much speed and stamina on thier track team they could actually line up and play with Oak Ridge, DB, Jeff Co., or many other teams in thier league. Until that happens they will just be below average. The only teams discussed on here should be Central, Fulton, AE, Powell,and Halls. These are the only teams that have played and contended with the big boys the past couple of years. B)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we discussing Farragut and Bearden football on here.  Have they ever finished in the top 1 or 2 of thier region?  If Beardens football coaches did the same job that the track coaches are doing they would be world beaters.  They have so much speed and stamina on thier track team they could actually line up and play with Oak Ridge, DB, Jeff Co., or many other teams in thier league.  Until that happens they will just be below average.  The only teams discussed on here should be Central, Fulton, AE, Powell,and Halls.  These are the only teams that have played and contended with the big boys the past couple of years. B)

A lot of our good athletes in track are seniors and never really wanted to play football. Our best football players are exclusively football athletes. Also, it doesn't help that we have a dominant basketball and soccer team. Our progam is being whipped into shape at a breakneck speed by a very good coach and we are definitely on the rise. And by the way, what divisions are Powell, Central, AE, Fulton, and Halls in? Lower divisions.

Edited by BHSfootball

A lot of our good athletes in track are seniors and never really wanted to play football.  Our best football players are exclusively football athletes. Also, it doesn't help that we have a dominant basketball and soccer team.  Our progam is being whipped into shape at a breakneck speed by a very good coach and we are definitely on the rise.  And by the way, what divisions are Powell, Central, AE, Fulton, and Halls in?  Lower divisions.

LOWER DIVISION!?!?!?!?

4A is the toughest division in the state. Period. If I recall, Halls beat sevier Co., south-doyle, and farragut last season with, at best, an average team! How many of those three did the bearden pups beat last year?

BHSFOOTBALL,

You are still young and are probably not familiar with football in the area. Most teams in the lower two regions would love to play in the league with Bearden, Farragut, and South-Doyle. As stated by DW3 (3-4A) it is and has been the top league in the state in any region. The region with Fulton, A-E, Anderson Co., and Kingston is pretty stout as well. Just so you understand Many teams move up to 5A just to get out of that league with Powell, Maryville, Central,& Halls. Most teams would love one hard game a year, unlike region 3-4A where every week is tough.

Listen! Halls has beaten Farragut the past two seasons and Bearden dropped Halls because they got tired of getting beat by Halls. Halls also beat South Doyle which is a 5-A school. Bearden, Farragut or anyone else in your region doesn't want any part of Region 4 4-A and the likes of Central, Maryville, Powell, Halls etc. with those four teams fourth place would be the best you 5-A guys could do. By the way Central was out on the field Monday and they looked very athletic as usual. Don't know about Tuesday plan to go by today and watch if they are practicing.

LOWER DIVISION!?!?!?!?

4A is the toughest division in the state. Period. If I recall, Halls beat sevier Co., south-doyle, and farragut last season with, at best, an average team! How many of those three did the bearden pups beat last year?

Bearden beat both Sevier County and South-Doyle. I'll admit it, though, we got beat by Farragut.

BHSFOOTBALL,

You are still young and are probably not familiar with football in the area. Most teams in the lower two regions would love to play in the league with Bearden, Farragut, and South-Doyle. As stated by DW3 (3-4A) it is and has been the top league in the state in any region. The region with Fulton, A-E, Anderson Co., and Kingston is pretty stout as well. Just so you understand Many teams move up to 5A just to get out of that league with Powell, Maryville, Central,& Halls. Most teams would love one hard game a year, unlike region 3-4A where every week is tough.

I realize how football works around here. But Maryville, Halls, and Powell also don't have to play DB, Science Hill, Oak Ridge, and Jeff. Co. every year.

Yes, this year, the best division in the state was 4-A , but this year was an exception.

Last year, this year, and next year 5-A football is weak in the Knoxville area. With the exception of D.B., O.R., and Jeff Co. 5-A football is average at best and even those teams would struggle with Maryville, Central, Powell, and Halls. Let me ask a question can anyone on this board document the last time a Knoxville area 5-A team beat a 4-A team? Halls beat 3 5-A teams last year S.D., Seiver Co., and Farragut. If Halls would have been a 5-A team they would have been in the playoffs. But because they are in the toughest region in the state top to bottom regardless of classification they were on the outside looking in.

On another topic who in the Knoxville area has scrimmages coming up?

Guest blue1

When do the mighty Bobcats scrimmage? Who are they going to scrimmage? Will they play a Red and Black game? Word on the street is they should be in the hunt for the region title this year. Did all of the transfers get approved? Anyone in trouble academically?

I know Sweetwater and S. Doyle were going to have a scrimmage a week from this friday, but I heard that it will be put off until the following monday, because Sweetwater was supposed to start spring practice monday, but has been unable to practice at all this week because of rain and flooding! ;) Spring practice in a boat, now thats different!