Great Eight

madspd300

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, of course there are other talented runners competing this afternoon, but Chris Pearson, A.K.A C.P., B.K.A ROBOT, is like poetry in motion. Almost ever year there is a sprinter that emerges; some of the great from the Mid-State were Ramon Clay, Jeremy Taylor, Sean Waller, and many more. Chris is the one this year that is going to make it happen.

Guest kenwoodrun

One must invite him or herself to the meet. Vandy asks coaches to send in their athletes best marks all the way through last weekend's performances. If a kid is better than somebody in today's start list...that's because that kid's coach didn't turn their mark or time in to Vandy. Plus, the meet counts as one of a school's 12 maximum competitions that they may schedule, and some coaches don't want to burn up one of their 12 meets on a meet that only 3 or 4 kids may get to enter (instead of their whole team). And in regards to referring to Pearson as "Robot", that's hilarious, because he really does look like a robot when he sprints, especially the 200. That's one fast robot.

Guest kenwoodrun

As a distance coach, I just want to say that Harpeth Hall put on an amazing clinic in the girls 1600. It's extremely impressive to have three girls under 5:20 in the mile in the same race, that's really special. And then a fourth under 5:30. They could load up a 4x1600 relay right now that we compete with a lot of schools in the southeast.

And also impressive was the 800 for girls...the deepest 800 field I've seen in a long time. The whole pack with through in 70, and then the negative splits came through for the first 3 or 4 girls. Miranda Clark can break the state record if she wants to...and with two freshman finishing behind her...I was really excited by the girls 800. Great night in Nashville.

And yes, "Robot" represented Clarksville nicely with two very controlled wins...

The Brentwood High girls put on a clinic yesterday. The only word I can think of to describe their performances yesterday...dominant. They only had six girls competing, with only one in each event. If the meet would have been scored, BHS would have combined for 75 points.

The meet record of 5'6 was smashed by Brentwood High sophomore, Lauren Stewart, who jumped 5'9. She went on to make three good attempts at 5'10.5 (a new state record). She clipped the bar off with her heels on her second attempt. I'm sure that she will set a new state record by the end of the year.

Just to note, Lauren's teammate, Cassie Gullickson, jumped 5'10 on Tuesday at Overton High.