Maryville's Prugh

KenHawk

What a classy young lady. Grethen Prugh might be one of the best pitchers and players in the state of Tennessee. She has the total package.

The most important characteristic of Grethen is not even related to the sport field. She is a kind and thoughtful person. He parents are very supportive and it is so cool to see her brother, Chuck, support her like he does. He is at many of her ballgames and oftentimes brings other University of Tennessee football players with him.

Mom and Dad Prugh, you have done a wonderful job of raising your children. Any insights?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNT, you have to work to raise funds for travel ball.You have to travel to these tournaments they are not always in your area. We have played travel ball 7 years and we have yet to have a BIG sponsorship. We work to raise money in the off season. We do what we have to do to get our kids in these tournaments. Find her a team to play on. Not only to get her exposure but she will enjoy the experience of the summer season. It's great. :)

Stikethree

I am just saying that the Chatt. area backs their sofball teams.Look at Frost Stadium,Frost Falcons,this stadium was build by Frost Cultrey.Frost Cultry also sponsors (in full) the Frost Falcons.My point, with Clayton Mobile Homes, Ruby Tuesdays headquaters located in Blount County you think they could help sponsor a travel club.The tournament are not in this area is because we dont have a complex.This area could get teams from all over the country with a nice complex.Who does your daughter(s) play for, Magic?

Gretchen has been playing travel ball during the summer, mainly with the Maryville Magic. The perception that she has not been is incorrect. She will be playing with the Magic 18 & under this season. She and her summer teammates will get plenty of travel ball exposure this summer in tournaments like the Southeast Exposure in Birmingham, Riverbend, Carolina Dynamites Summer Showcase Classic, and the Virgina Beach Midsummer Showcase just to name a few. You are right, she comes from a wonderful set of parents and brother that support her very much. She is an excellent team player that compliments and supports her teammates as well. However, the most important thing about Gretchen is that she is an outstanding person!

She lives in my neighborhood and every since i moved here i have seen her working non-stop. Either at the elementary school or in her front yard. I think her father might want to start looking for a new pair of knees cause he is always catchin her everytime i go outside. GP has worked really hard and it is paying off.

it's never too late to sign in the summer; last year

I saw a lot of recruiting going on at these tournaments;

several local girls signed in the summer.

anyone not signed already, don't despair, there will be

colleges looking for players throughout the summer due to

many reasons such as kids that had been recruited earlier

may not make it for whatever reason, also some coaching

changes will develop, and even some kids may quit or get

dropped from their scholarships; anything could happen, the

best advice is to keep plugging away and keep in contact

with as many colleges as possible so that they know who is

available.

Gretchen is a great player, good work ethic, team supporter and all around great person. She deserves to play at the next level and she will do wonders for someone's program. Any college coach would do well to get her.

Any kid that loves softball, has the tallent and the desire can find the travel teams to play on in order to get to the next level of playing in college. You, as a parent, have to be supportive, willing to travel and give up your time and money to make it happen for you children. We did and had the best times of our lives and saw some tremendous softball games. We don't have any regrets, only the greatest of memories. Our daughter is playing in college. It was her dream and it has been a wonderful experience for her.

There aren't enough words to tell you how much John Sterling and Fred Fekete have helped the kids in Blount County and what they have brought to girl's softball.