PORTLAND BASEBALL

wolfcat

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had been a pretty good week for Portland seeing as they beat Greenbrier Wednesday. GHS was in first place. Now, they have two losses, as does Lipscomb, but I think GHS has beaten DL both times they've played.

It's a very competitive district. Whoever comes out of that district will have a shot at going to the state (both teams that come out will have a shot).

I'm not sure if Portland is capable of being one of those teams though. I just don't see there being enough pitching there.

They're hard-nosed though and will battle.

Portland doesn't lose a lot of seniors from this team, but I can't see them being much better next year unless all these kids find somewhere to play travel ball this summer. And that's probably not likely with so many of them playing football too.

Daniel is a great athlete with big-time potential. However, he's still raw. He was the third/fourth starter last year. He's the No. 2 this year. I'm sure it didn't help him that he missed the first two weeks of the season playing in the state basketball tournament. He had an up and down junior senior. He appears to be swinging it pretty well right now. He has a good arm. He just needs a lot of fine tuning. I'm not sure if he has college aspirations or not.

portland is horrible i went and watched usj and they were playin portland and usj made them look like a little league team so if ne1 is wondering about portlands baseball team if u're wondering jus hit pop ups to the outfield and they'll drop them it's sad but he look at it this way at least they have wait..i mean don't have pitching

portlands team is bush! we played them in the lexington tournament and their pitcher slid into second w/ his cleats right our our 2nd basemans head and when we were going to our bus they were flipping us off and stuff. the next day they were playing the game b4 ours and when we were watching the game their shortstop turned around and flipped us off while he was on the field.