<b>ROCKWOOD ROCKS III</b>

RHSfan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AllAmericaTiger

Corey Payne, sophomore, started the game and pitched pretty well. Freshman Michael Gilmore came in after Payne and was promptly roughed up, he didn't have any of his best stuff or accuracy on this very cool night on the mountain. Matt Cook, sophomore, came in relief of Gilmore and got out of the inning. Junior Seth Robinson came in and pitched the last inning.

Rockwood left the bases loaded twice I think. We played well, but could have played better agianst a solid Cumberland Co. Jets team.

Good luck to Cumberland Co. for the rest of the year and Go Tigers

Hey Dale,

Thanks for the nice words. I think baseball can be a good influence on a lot of young people. Where else can you go, take your family, eat well, have a good time, watch a great game, and watch your sons fight fiercely to the end to get a win for the team all the while they are making new friends. Any more it is rare that I attend a game that I don't run into a player (or his family) that my son has either played with or against. It's almost like 'old reunion time' each time he plays a game. Again, thanks for the nice comments; I hope they lead to a good relationship between our schools. But just remember, the next time we meet, we are going to whoop up on you! :D:):)

RHSfan

[Edited by RHSfan on 4-22-03 10:06P]

I think Utfan might be have a split-personality, but like I said earlier, Rockwood had some of the best sportsmanship that I saw from a team all year. They played hard, but clean, and seemed like nice guys. I hope that both CCS and Rockwood are fortunate enough to meet up again down the road(way down the road, in West Tennessee).