spring fling

bluefan2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What seems to be the problem? It is an expense and it has been for the past few years. Memphis sends alot of teams for all of the different sports and My school alone has won the track and field and soccer for the past 2-3 years. It will be nice to be able to save the money and use it for something like our state rings instead of a buses, rooms, and food. Plus maybe the entire school can see the championship games. As for the baseball games being played in Mississippi that is not true. The softball has to play in Southhaven because they have new multi-million dollar facility and the girls deserve to play on the best along with the boys.

Just hope your team makes it and enjoy the experience.

i agree with you hooters ..its rediculas to travel all the way to memphis..im goin to miss the last week of school review for exams b/c we have to travel from chatt. to memphis then i will have to come back and immediately take my exams without getting to study! if it was in nashville or chatt i would get to go to class.. if its goin to be that far away and in Mississippi or the crack of the south why not go to the beach?

We have had students miss exams, proms, and Senior luncheons for years now it is your turn to have to fork out the doe. My brother several years ago had to choice between walking the stage at graduation or participating in the high jump at state and that was when it was in Nashville 2 hours away. And dont

forget the cost. It cost our football team $10,000. to play at the state game this year. But it was an experience that they will remember for ever.

I liked going to Chattanooga last year, and if we get lucky enough to make it this year, I'm sure I'll like Memphis. We are very familiar with the fields in Memphis, being so close and I think that will help. I agree that the championships should be centrally located, but I wouldn't have a problem with them moving each year. We have to travel no matter what so that is not a big deal. The tournaments being in West TN this year seems like big deal to someone from Chattanooga or Knoxville, but think about the last seven years when a West TN team had to travel to Chattanooga and play. It cost us over $10,000 last year in Chattanooga for the team to go. But one thing is for sure, the TSSAA is going to put the Tourney where ever they can make the most $$$$$$. That is not, nor will ever be, in doubt.

seems like there is alot of complaining about having to come to memphis for the state tourney. what about the west tn. teams that have traveled for years? my teams have been lucky enough to get to go to the state 4 of the last 7 years and each year those kids had to miss graduation.it was also difficult having to play in chatt. 1 day and then having to go to cleveland and play the next and possibly go back to chatt. for a night game in the loser's bracket. nothing is perfect but i hope everyone that comes to this year's spring fling enjoys it.

I would ove to have a problem like some of you guys are complaining about. You act like the world will end, when in fact is a privledge to be there. I would love to give up wallking across the stage next year to play in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, no matter where it is! If it is here in Memphis so be it, we have some of the greatest facilities in the state! And whats better is they are all centrally located. The farthest away from the others is briarcrest, but thats still only a short drive form i-240!!! Find something better to complain about than an experience you will never forget no matter where it is!!!

I can speak for a lot of East Tennesseans who would love the opportunity to experience the state tournament no matter where it is. I'm sure Memphis will be a great host for the tournament. I understand the argument West Tennesseans have about traveling East to Chattanooga, but it's not the same. Upper East Tennessee is 8-9 hours from Memphis. Whereas Chattanooga is only about 5-6 hours from Memphis. But what's 3 hours when you're playing for a state championship! I don't think my friends at Farragut care where they play.