FARRAGUT V. BEARDEN

wc15

Anyone have any information on this game? Should be the game of the year. Wish I could give an opinion but I'm at a loss for words for who I think will/should win. Both teams are very impressive and one or the other will without a doubt win the state.

[Edited by wc15 on 4-21-03 8:14P]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game! Scoreless first half with the ball going back and forth, no sustained periods of possession by either team. Farragut blew two prime opportunities for scores with the ball laying on the ground in front of the net. Farragut played tentatively, as if the streak was in their head. Bearden out hustled the Admirals most of the first 65 minutes of the game.

Farragut brain fart on a throw in led to Bearden's score by Herbie on a header. Deadrick Jackson countered with a header off a Farragut throw-in shortly thereafter. Following a Bearden red card for a "classy" malicious elbow off the ball, "fruity" Aaron Doyle schooled the Bearden defense for two late game goals.

Part deux in about three weeks.

It finally happened. It took 4 years and a 1 man advantage for someone to beat Bearden. Farragut took down the king tonight in a very entertaining game out on the pitch. There will be at least 2 and possibly a 3rd in the state championship between these two teams. These next games will be much more important than this one.

I belive that it is a tragedy in all sports that referees, a third party, can virtually decide the outcome of any game. Someone that has no athletic ability whatsoever or has never even touched a ball in his life holds the final score in his hands. This was on display tonight for everyone in attendance tonight. There were numerous calls blown by the man in the yellow shirt on both sides. Although it is suspicious, I can't recall Farragut getting called off-sides one time. The fat ref on the far side of the field took away numerous opportunities and the 2nd goal by raising up his fruity flag. I have never met a referee that I have liked and I will stand by that statement. So the admirals finally beat us, not just in soccer but in anything. It was about time, we have owned you guys plain and simple. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. A broken watch is right 2 times a day.

Trust me, #20 and the Bulldogs will be back.

well the score was not 17-13 but 3-1 will do. My Big Green took it to the Mighty Ducks tonight. WHo knows what will happen if these two teams meet again. the game was outstanding. However if anyone really believes that it was a one man advantage and a bad ref that copst the game then they didnt see it. Bearden missed several open nets as did farragut. Also on the goal that proved to be the game winner, the one man advantage served no purpose. Aaron doyle simply beat about 5 guys on one run to put a beautiful ball in the back of the net. Keep them heads up dogs there will be another chance.

what ever happened to class? I'll tell you where it went, I think Jared Britcher took it all from the Farragut fans/players. Who saw Jared celebrate after the game? I didn't, I walked to midfield and shook his hand while I let him know he was a class act. I waited right outside the circle of fans to disperse before I went and shook the Farragut players hands. While I am sorry that I was not able to shake the Doyle Brother's hands, I want to tell you guys if you read this, you took it to me. You own me Aaron. About the Britton comments.... lay off of him. If you went to Bearden you might just be able to show him a little bit of respect. What a game, what a game indeed.

The referee did have a part in this game but in no way decided the outcome. Briton's ejection was his own fault. He came up off the ground after the 50/50 and went at Jared in a very violent manner, with a prevalent elbow. There could be some speculation on whether every ref would eject for that but the fact of the matter is that it was Briton's fault to let his anger get the best of him and he put himself and his team in that position and Farragut merely took advantage of it.

As for the offsides complaint.....of course there were no offsides for Farragut. Bearden plays such a withdrawn sweeper that an offsides against them will be few and far between.

It is, of course, expected that referee complaints will come into play, but give this one to the Admirals and I know everyone is looking forward to the rematches.