Obion Central Basketball.

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other post girl would have been back, but she has been excused from the team. All of their talent will be sophomores and juniors next year. They will be solid again but young. Coach Hoffman has stars in his eyes waiting for the harvest of his seventh and eighth grade team. They are as good as any team I have ever seen at that age. They don't have a weakness. Height= two 6'0+ girls. All the guards can shoot. Seventh grade point guard is ready for varsity now. In three years they will be super.

Guest westvol88

Is the the 6' girl from Ridgemont, I think that is where she went to school, going to Central next year? I've heard she might go elsewhere, not sure where but not going to Central. Is this true and if so why would she nto go to Central?

I think that she has family that lives in Dyersburg, and she has played AAU ball for other coaches. She has many possibilities.

As for the rest of the team...they will be young, as was stated, but they will have some tremendous talent. The Junior High Schools are loaded with kids from 6th thru 8th grade that can really play. The future looks bright.

Yea i think they will do fine. I don't think they will when as many games. I do think that there main weakness is still at the point, they will get one back this year from knee surgery, Roberson. She is a little undersided but a great defender and very dedicated. And they are for sure gonna have some hieght on them will 3 big girls(1 sr, and 2 fr) and Roney. The sophmores are gonna be counted on greatly as well Reedy, Davis, and others.

I have to agree with the earlier post that the day of reconing for OC will be when the girls that are going into 8th grade this get to high school. They are a very special group and very exciting to watch :)

I have heard that Obion will be at the Lawrence Co Thanksgiving Classic and that they have a possible match up with Oliver Springs. This would be a good game in AA early in the season. It will be a match up of 2 of the better AA teams, East vs. West, and teams that dont ever see each other. People will use that game as a measuring stick for the rest of the season to compare East and West Tennessee. :confused: