Mercy Rule

titans1221

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I coached in Missouri and we had a 30 point mercy rule in the 4th quarter. At any time the score goes below 30 points the clock stopped. Any other time, the clock was continuous. As a coach, my players are not benefitting from pounding a team by 40 points or more. Neither team benefits. The stronger team can risk injury of their star players, and humiliation of another team. Are we incoaching for the kids, or our egos. A wins is a win wheather it is 1 point or 40+ points. Usually teams getting beat by that much are frustrated and tend to foul more, which may jepordize star or key players.

Mercy rule should be 30 points or more not 40+.

absolutely against it...no need for gimmicks in a great sport.

only reason it is even pushed is to speed up games. hour fifteen minutes is not too long. Every rule change in the last few years has been designed to speed up the game(i.e.- alternate possesion, no subs until after 2nd free throw.)

leave the game alone!!!

Against it...when you have a team of thorough breeds you need to let them run. If someone gets trampled around the track, then put them out to pasture. I guess what I'm really saying is, it's hard to hold good players back when you coach them to go full speed ahead.