Shelbyville and 7AAA - what if?

hoop20

You know what if Shelbyville was in a tough district like 7AAA? What would that record look like then.The only competition they face is Lawrence Co. in 8AAA, but the rest are doormats.Think about all the games we could see each year- Riverdale v. Shelbyville,Oakland v. Shelbyville, Cookeville v. Shelbyville, White Co. v. Shelbyville,etc. Just some food for thought.Any responses? ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee Co. was no doormat. We, LCHS, beat all 4 top teams out of your district 7-AAA and Coffee was as tough as most of your top four. In most years your district has only about 3 pretty good teams, same as ours. Shelbyville would dominate that district. Franklin Co. almost beat your top team at their place in region. Bottomline, our district plays better b-ball than district 7 year in and year out, and that's from top to bottom.

instead living off one state title like Coffee Co does, why don't the schools hold a Christmas tourney like they do in college with the ACC/BIG TEN Challenge, but with 7AAA v. 8AAA. WHAT DO YOU THINK? The only time I heard about Coffee Co. was Amber Benjamin, now she is good and proud she went to Auburn but the coach must have known something cause he's gone. LCHS please, almost is not a win. Yes, you hung with them but give me a break try to build on that OK. Please don't start me about Tullahoma or Franklin Co. I'm not wasting my energy on the keyboard. 8AAA had a 117-90 combined record compared to 7AAA 133-78.Just think Shelbyville and Lawrence Co. went a combined 64-8 that leaves a 53-82 mark. 7AAA had six out of seven teams .500 or better compared to 8AAA TWO OVER .500

[Edited by hoop20 on 4-29-03 11:25A]

I know for a fact that Riverdale has taken Shelbyville off the schedule by there own actions, stating they "couldn't aford a bad loss." Oakland, White Co., and Cookeville refuse to put Shelbyville on there regular season schedule after consistent requests. I really don't think you can compare the state championships from district to district and the state tournament appearances. Go look at those records and you will find they don't even compare. 8AAA is THE district in TN. To be honest 7AAA isn't even in the top 3 as far as toughest districts.

Try 16AAA where every single team in there district won 20 games with teams like Memphis East, Melrose, Craigmont, etc. What about up in East Tn where you have 3AAA and 4AAA which boast teams like Sevier Co, Faragut, and Jefferson Co to go along with Oak Ridge, Clinton, and Knox Powell. Enthrall that

[Edited by OneManGang on 4-29-03 1:07P]

Still would a tournament such as I have suggested work? Why hasn't anyone done a "Best of the Best Tournament" bring Oak Ridge, Shelbyville, Beech, Mt. Juliet, Melrose,etc. together and let them play a HUGE Christmas tournament. I would happily pay $10 to sit through that tourney.

My Bad. It might help some of these teams scout and have a game plan if and when some of these teams meet in the state tournament. I get tired of all these tournaments that are 100 miles away. OK, why not bring some heavyweights from surrounding states to play as well.