watauga conference

btownballer

Unless you know the tie breaker, then North and Central are tied for first. Four, five and six will be determined tomorrow when Unicoi County plays at Volunteer. As to the last two I assume Hampton is last and Johnson County is seventh but wihtout Johson County's final record it is impossible to say for sure. From what I have they could be tied. If you have the final record for Johnson County, please post it.

The tie breaker for Central and North comes from a head-to-head meeting with the 3rd place Elizabethton as North and Central split their meetings this season. Central was defeated by EHS in the first game of the season and won their second matchup while North defeated EHS twice to take the 1st place seed into the district tournament even though both finished with identical records...... :)

Well, it does not matter about seeding now. There are only four teams left in the tournament. They are Sullivan Central, Sullivan North, Happy Valley and Volunteer. The only higher seed to lose was Elizabethton. That should not rate as an upset. Volunteer was 2-1 against them in the regular season. Just so happens the loss was a conference game.

Now were are all the excuses that Elizabethton was making early in the season about not playing the top line guys because the game was not a conference game? They don't get any bigger than yesterday's game. Surely, they brought out all of the big guns for that game.

Edited by CHHS72

We havent made any excuses..why start something that was brought up a long time ago? Yeah you all beat us, CONGRATULATIONS. We made no excuses, handled it with class and went on our way. And I dont think anybody ever said it was an upset. Anybody in our conference could beat any team on any given night. We didnt play very well and it just happened to be on a very important night. You all did what you needed to do to win. Good luck to you all the rest of the way. Just dont bring up old news to start a new flame.

Congrats to HV. Hopefully you can get down the road. I'll be pullin for ya.

BJM

Edited by whatever

Hey "BJM",

Send me an IM, cause I accidentally deleted your s/n. Your name is on our board, so do something. "The man" asked me if you could play here and I told him "yes". Come here, work your butt off, and you might have a starting job at 2B come next spring. Also, way to handle your defeat with class, I think that showed something special right there.

Keep in touch,

ESPY