national all stars high school bowl game

demonchild

From what I understand, the players who make one of the major all american lists are offered invitations first. The remaining spots are filled by some of the lesser known prospects in the country.

I've never heard of the invitations costing money. I'm sure it costs to travel and stay somewhere. Pretty dumb if they have an entry fee as I would think they would try to attract the top players in the country to come.

I doubt very many, if any, Tennesse players outside Daniel Brooks, Bowman, Chris Russel, Joe Sanders, have been invited to the U.S. Army All-Star game. Last year, every player basically had been offered by Div 1 schools. It's mainly the top players in the country - and Tennessee doesn't have a whole lot of those caliber players, according to the recruiting analysts anyways.

Jac, if I remember correctly, you were a soph or junior this year right? They only invite seniors. If I'm mistaken about your age, I apologize. But I thought you had said before that you were younger.

sorry jac, I read above where you're going to be attending Harding Academy. However, and I'm not trying to insinuate that you're being dishonest, are you sure you got an invitation to the U.S. Army National All-Star game? There was only 1 player there from Tenn last year if I remember correctly, and that was Gerald Riggs - who was considered among the top 2 RBs in the nation. No disrespect whatsoever, but I doubt they invited those guys you mentioned unless they were serious D1 prospects - if they are D1 prospects and I just haven't heard of them, again I apologize. I just had a hard time believing that they had invited all of you guys and that you would simply turn down their offer.

The game was played back in January. Any of you see Jayson Swain's awesome catches? He's gonna be a stud WR that even Pat Washington can't coach down :P I got a feeling Chris Leak may have a pretty solid career down at UF to say the least. The kid's got skills. I hope he gets smacked around against UT though

The All Sar Game that is being played at Tenn.Tech cost 300.00 dollars to be a part of . They said it could be paid by sponsors or parents.....I just think it is kinda silly to charge any players money to be a part of a money making deal......any that got an invitation knows there is a price tag........I know for sure cause we have the invitation looking at it!!!