18-0

lilcuz24

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not from either school, but when you run up the score like that sometimes it questions your sportsmanship. It all varies though and the coaching style, if you has that killer type of coaching, then he will beat you by however many goals better than you, that he thinks his team is, I would not run up the score on a team, but you got to do what you got to do.

Westview played Dyer Co. and we beat them 19-0. But, our starters stayed in the game for 5 minutes. Our starters scored 5 goals at the start of the game and we were takin out. We probably shouldn't have beaten them that bad but our jv team scored 14 of the 19 goals scored.

I think it all depends on how the team scoring the goals is doing at that point in the season. If the team is somewhere in the middle or near the end of the season and has had trouble scoring goals then open the floodgates and let the goals flow. But if its a team that has had no offensive problems and primed for the post season then beating a team by more then 6 or 7 goals seems a little unsportsmanlike and if your that good and your beating a team that bad then you need to be playing better competition anyway.

Sorry if this is a little hard to read i wrote it without much thought put in to the structure.

[Edited by hometownhero on 5-2-03 3:59P]

you shouldn't be alowed the freedom to talk, for ur previous statement just made u look like an idiot. from the words of mark twain, "tis better for people to think you are dumb than to open ur mouth and remove all doubt". remember that one kid. as for the goal scoring. u shouldn't go over double digits... i remember we did it one time, our coach made us run laps all practice the next day... i promiss you that we havn't done it since. we keep our games to a six-seven goal target... hope that helps!!!

page had their limits and was trying slow it down. page has had a problem finishing this season and at this point page tried a lot of players in different positions to see what they could do. jv players were used most of the game. i doubt the score would have been that bad but page is preparing for districts. Im not trying to be mean to wayne county by any means but you had to be there to see how easy it was to score in any way. i do applaud wayne co. for trying hard for the whole 80 minutes