18-0

lilcuz24

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chunky, I am a senior at Christian Brothers. By the way, we just played a great team in Ridgeway and were fortunate enought to beat them 5-0 today. Our coach emptied the bench at 4-0 early in the second half. I don't think Ridgeway was upset by it. It was just good sportsmanship. Ridgeway followed and emptied their bench also to allow younger players so time.

Regards, # 2 Bro

Edited by wmsmphs

6-0 and playing keepaway is by no means more embarrasing because when people ask you what the score was, you can save you face a little bit by only saying 6-0. 18-0 is ridiculous. I have been beaten 17-0 my first year of travel soccer, it was my whole teams first year. The closest game that tourney was 5-0 by the team who ended up winning it all.

I think I remember Oakland winning a game 21-0 last year.

I agree with the originl poster... What is gained from this?

I think if you can beat a team 18-0 than do it. We beat Harriman 11-0 last year. If they're not going to take soccer serious, then were going to show them what serious soccer is all about. I think they had one shot on goal to our 20 something. It wasn't that we were rubbing it in. We put our J.V. in after 5. They took it well, but it just shows them what it takes to play on the next level.

I know everyone has heard this at one point in there sports career, "All that matters is that you're having fun!" Now tell me something, if you lose 18-0 are you having fun? I garantee you aren't! There are at least a handfull teams out there that are at a huge risk of losing 18-0 each game. these kids aren't playing to win a state championship obviously, but no one has fun in a 18-0 game, except the 6 guys with the hat-tricks. The point is, it is a huge demoralizing feat to overcome if you get beat by 10 or more goals in a game. I mean it's pointless, why don't you get up 5 and send in the bench players. the more experience for them means more depth for the team. Nothing is to be gained by a 18-0 game, except a lot of high-headed soccer players.

First off, the Page v. Wayne Co. game was last week. It's quite over if you really want to know the truth. What is to be gained? Well, when a team is struggling with finishing they need to take as many chances and opportunities that they get to score. A loss is a loss; the score should not matter. Second, Page soccer traveled two and a half hours last season to Wayne Co. to play them and they did not even show. Two of their players drove up and said they were not going play because they were attending a party so naturally I do not think any Page players should feel bad and I especially do not think that anyone else should be insulting Page for scoring 18 goals. They have no room to talk. SO LEAVE IT BE.

I think 18 goals is way to many against a team that was obviously not as skilled as Page. The Page coach should have just told them not to score anymore. Anytime you beat a team like that it just shows the lack of sportsmanship on the other team.

in the world of sports there are those who come to play and those who stand around with their thumb up their *** just watching. a bad team that trys can earn your respect but a team that shows up and doesn't try is another. if they don't take the sport serious then they need to be thumped and thumped good.

This is getting old and yes Westview is in there twice but halfway through our season, our JV had played more minutes then the varsity team. I had around 4-5 games where I played no more then 10 minutes, playing the first 5 minutes of the 1st and 2nd half. We see a game that is hardly any competition and we send in our JV. If you have means of looking up the scorers of our games against Ripley and Dyer you'll see 10-15 goals scored by our JV or our starting defense in both games. Each game is a competition and even if our varsity doesnt play the game, our JV is going to walk onto the field and see it as their oppurtunity to prove something. They arent going to walk onto the field hoping 15-18 year old kids dont get their feelings hurt. Its all part of competition and I'm sure life will go on for the other team. As for making posts about the team being insulted on a public message board, that might hurt a few of the players' pride and self esteem.