Toughest District

mjsftbll20

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again I think 7AAA is being forgotten. With Oakland as the number 1 seed with a strong starting line up from top to bottom and with players that can go from the bench onto the field and play as well as the starters. Also Blackman has improved greatly over the season and will be a team to watch out for in the coming years. Lebanon also has a strong hitting and fielding team. Riverdale has 5 starting Freashman that as they continue to play they will be a team to watch out for. 7AAA isn't as popular as some other districts but nonetheless shouldnt be forgotten. They may surprise a lot of people.

I listed both Oakland and Blackman in my top tiered teams.

Both are good teams. I saw Blackman play a couple times this year. A little weak at pitcher and middle infield, but overall good offense.

I sure would have liked to have seen Oakland play more tournaments, but I know that bunch up there (former 12U & 14U Firebirds if I recall).

Riverdale is weak. I saw them play twice, both of which went run limit on them. They can't hit good pitching and their pitchers are young with no stuff. Next year maybe.....

Overall my opinion of 7AAA is good. Not great and not toughest.....;and ANY team can surprise us all at any point. If you (softballkat) are from up there, I wish you the best and good luck in post season play! :D

I have to disagree with your post about Riverdale, they have pitcher that is pretty good, in fact better than the Blackman and Oakland pitchers I have seen, but she is forced to throw every game including tournament games where she usually runs out of gas. I watched the Oakland vs Blackman game last week and was disappointed with both teams. That was the first time I had seen Oakland play this year. The top four in that district are about equal with any team able to beat the other. I actually think that Lebenon is the best team in that district, I guess we will see.

I have to admit I only saw their ace (young afro-american girl right?) against Cumberland County in Cookeville and later on in the loser's bracket. She got shelled by Cumberland County and was pulled with no outs in the second with the score 8-0. However, Cumb. Co. has been doing that a lot lately to some good teams.

And absolutely.... tournaments are not the best way to see what a team has to do in the post season, where 1 pitcher can get you through the whole post season.

I saw Blackman at Cookeville Tourn. play Dickson Co. tough. Their middle infield made some bad plays, but overall hit the ball very well against their ace and knew how to play small ball. Dickson pulled it out in the bottom of the last inning against them.

Riverdale has 3 potential pitchers all of which have the ability to pitch well. They do not always have to pitch Amanda they just choose to. Oakland has a very strong starting pitcher and two freshman that I believe have the ability also to be great pitchers as they get more playing time. No Riverdale is not the strongest team now but with 5 starting Freshman watch out in about 2 years.

I believe the pitchers from Riverdale (Vaught), Oakland (Boyce), and Blackman (Gregory) are all excellent pitchers, so in tournament time, it will come down to hitting and defense. From what I've seen, Oakland has the best all-around team with Blackman at a close second. Blackman beat Oakland twice in regular season, but with a long streak of consecutive distric tourney wins on the line, Oakland will step it up a level. Riverdale has many very good players but as a team are weak. Errors have cost them many a game. With 5 starting freshmen, though, RHS will be a strong force in 7AAA. I do not, however, believe that 7AAA is the toughest, which is why this thread was started. :D I would have to go with 8AAA and 9AAA.

anyways...District 1-AAA #1 seed Boone was beaten tonight by #5 seed Sullivan East (no surprise to me)...

Are we talking about the toughest district compared to other districts? Or are we talking about the toughest district race, or toughest district to play in?