Chattanooga's Best Of Preps

PSAFOUR

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another way to look at the top players in the area. I took the top ten scorers and added 2 ratios that take in the total game. The last 2 numbers (higher is better) do not rely so much on just goal scoring. It calculates for actual games played and gives equal billing to assist (because an assist equals a score in a real game).This calculation gives a little credit to the guys who work there tails off to get the ball to the forward positions. As you can see all of these guys are valuable to there teams. These players are most likely in the top 20 in the area. I think there are at least 10 other players who are defenders that do not show up on a list anywhere that are just as good and valuable to there teams.

Name School Goals Assists Games Pts Pts Per/Gm Team Goals Per/Gm

Allen Madearis CSAS 25 7 15 57 3.8 2.1

Jared Price McM Co 24 5 15 53 3.5 1.9

Jake Heath McM Cent 17 18 13 52 4.0 2.7

Zach Hughes McM Cent 14 19 13 47 3.6 2.5

Daniel McAlister WV 20 6 14 6 3.3 1.9

Nic Coulter SD 15 3 11 33 3.0 1.6

Josh Caraccio Central 16 1 10 33 3.3 1.7

Elliot Anderson CSAS 8 15 15 31 2.1 1.5

Daniel Strickland Grace 11 6 13 28 1.9 1.3

Drew Courtney CCS 12 4 16 28 1.8 1.0

Pts are calculated as 2 per goal 1 per assist

Pts Per/Gm is calculated as pts divided by games played

Team Goals Per/Gm is calculated as goals + assist divided by games played.

yes goal scorers get alot of credit and so do keepers.it may be nice to look at a team with lots of goals and low goals against average and decide this is where the credit goes.somehow the ball is being distributed to the forwards and kept out of the defensive end fairly well on these teams.must be midfielders doing a good job.but i dont't see many mention the guys in the middle.

mccallie and baylor rarely have anyone in the top 10 scorers yet every year several players end up playing college ball. without top scorers they are regularly ranked 1 or 2 in chattanooga. scoring is overrated especially when you take into account the weak competition that many of the top scorers have played against. tough, desciplined defense wins championships.

Takedown is true, but i think hes underestimating the schedules of some of the leading scorers. CSAS played mccallie, ND, CCS and CAK, including some decent public school teams, and they still have two of the most offensive players in the city. I do agree that there would not be leading scorers if it weren't for they're defense and midfield distributing the ball to them. They should be given credit.

Takedown hit it right on the nose...first off, playing 4 or 5 decent to good teams isnt necessarily that great. i know people who score a ton of goals in high school soccer, but that doesnt necessarily make them that great...alot of these kids are actaully pretty weak. it's all about a player's contribution to his team and his discipline and work rate. Some of the best players I've seen in the midfield don't score that much, but they control the flow of the game and are partially responsible for the forward getting the goal...the best of preps SHOULD have a pretyt equal number of players from each position in my opinion. Goal scoring is a good place to start for the forwards, but it really is a shame when a kid who isn't as deserving as someone else makes an important team like that just because of goals. Alot of public school teams especially have some really weak teams in their district where they score 3 or 4 goals again, as opposed to a better team such as McCallie or something that plays all good teams and wins like 1-0. I understand it's extremely hard to actualy decide who the best is, but I think goals are looked at way too much on teams like this.

I totally agree with the comment about distributing the best of preps throughout the positions of the field. Criticizing public schools for their amount of goals due to their weak competion is not justifiable. If private schools think it is unfair that public schools are the only ones who get the high stats they can classify their stats in a different category. They seem to already be in a different class with their consistency with their great coaches, recruiting of players and perfect facilities compared to public ones. Not long ago two players from ccs, even though their a/aa score a combine over 50 goals, and they are private. Corey Remillard scored like 14 or 15 goals last year. i don't think private schools should have much to complain about