Perry Co. Football

behappy229

I would like to know why Perry Co. why they play teams that in other sports they don't play? Like Jackson schools and Nashville schools. Why doesn't Perry Co. play teams like the basketball and baseball team plays? Are they in another district in football and who made this like this? It seems they are playing teams that they should not play and they are not playing the teams they should play. How is this done and is there any way to change their teams they play? It doesn't seem like they have been given a chance in football. Just asking. Anyone know anything about this?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't explain it totally to you but in baseball and basketball there are only 3A's in football there is 5. So there are teams that they play in baseball that are 1A in baseball but are 2A in football so they wouldn't play them. Page is in our district in baseball but in football they are 3A so we don't play them. Maybe somebody else could explain it better. :D

It's simple...When Perry County first re-instated their football program about 8 years ago, they didn't attempt (or weren't allowed) to join the TSSAA in football due to their lack of experience. They played a bunch of games against other schools' JV teams the first few years. When they got a little wet behind the ears, they were allowed to become a part of a region. The region they should have joined is the same one they are a part of in basketball, baseball and softball. The story is that the school administrators in that region felt like they had enough teams, and didn't want to add any at that time. I figure that Perry county will eventually become a part of the same region as Collinwood, Wayne county, and Mt. Pleasant. I have no idea when.

r region is being changed after the 2005 season witch is after after the good group goes threw in middel school it is the same we played all the teams they played and went 6-2in highschool we play usj jcs tca the only game in r region that is not a private school is middelton so yeah we got screwd

If they got put in the same region with Columbia Academy, Mt Plesant, and Collinwood, that would include them with Huntland and Moore County. That is a 2.5 hr drive. I am not sure how far Jackson is from Lindon but I think it is closer than Franklin and Moore Counties. That would also give Region 6A, 11 teams after the addition of Eagleville this year.

Edited by sinjin

All I know is I don't have anyone on the Perry Co. football team and I have been to some of their games over the years. The teams they play have more players most of the time and you can tell by the score it is not a even district on the game. It is sad to take this away from boys who try hard and from what I have seen the Perry Co. team has alot of talent. I also heard the young guys coming up have won all their games in Jr. Pro and were the champs in that. It shows there is talent here but it is sad to see this taken away due to the boys are playing teams that they cannot beat. It doesn't seem fair. To the players from Perry Co. keep your heads up. You are a very talented team that to me did not get a chance to prove it. Best of luck to the Perry Co. football team. All you can do is do your best and you will suceed in life in all that you do.

All I know is I don't have anyone on the Perry Co. football team and I have been to some of their games over the years. The teams they play have more players most of the time and you can tell by the score it is not a even district on the game. It is sad to take this away from boys who try hard and from what I have seen the Perry Co. team has alot of talent. I also heard the young guys coming up have won all their games in Jr. Pro and were the champs in that. It shows there is talent here but it is sad to see this taken away due to the boys are playing teams that they cannot beat. It doesn't seem fair. To the players from Perry Co. keep your heads up. You are a very talented team that to me did not get a chance to prove it. Best of luck to the Perry Co. football team. All you can do is do your best and you will suceed in life in all that you do.

So your philosophy is that Perry county (or any team for that matter) would be better off if they were allowed to play in a less competitive region, right? Every team can't win. Playing tough competition is a double edged sword. You have to play someone better than you to get better, but if you never win the tough games, all you learn is how to lose...e.g. Vanderbilt football. I really don't think Perry county's record will improve with a change of view, regionally speaking. The benefit will be that they can play against more single A teams that are closer than they are currently scheduling.

P.S. You can't draw a realistic parallel between Jr. Pro or Jr. High and High School in any sport. Kids who were super athletes in Jr. High often peak early and kids who seemed slow, uninterested, and non-athletic begin to shine when they get older and meet the right coach. Didn't the Perry county Jr. High girls win the State in basketball a few years back? How did their high school team do when that crew got to high school? See my point?

I am not saying P.C. should play and win every game. But every team needs to win some to keep there spirit alive. I don't know how you got basketball out of this topic though. All I say is I watched this team play several times and I feel they have talent and can win games with what they have. I don't think they play teams they should play but that is a view that many have different ideas on. As far as the little kids comming up I still fill if they stick together they will only continue to get better. When the same team grows up together and if the coaches stick around that we have I believe Perry Co. can have a great team. Ones opinion I know but I know Perry Co. has alot of talent. :D

Edited by behappy229

• 2 weeks later...