Calling Out

I would like to take this time to criticize Middle Tenn AAU programs. I was reading on a previous thread about a tournament being put on by the Mid State Ballerz. My questions is where are the other Middle Tn teams? With this being said I see that the Columbia Bullets, Tn Dreams, Charles Davis are participating. It appears to me that these coaches are not afraid to play anyone at anytime. If my team had qualified for the aau state I would surely take this opportunity to see how we fair against the other top teams in the state. (Where are the M'boro Nets? Scared of a little competition?) I guess coach watson would rather pad his record at the sparta warriors tourney. Where are the Tn Thunder teams? After their showing in the 16's & 17's sub state they should be looking for a chance at redemption.

It might be possible that some of the teams can't afford to spend $250 to enter a tournament in Lexington where hotel rooms would have to be paid for. If you are calling out teams from Middle TN, why not hold the tournament in Middle Tennessee where it might not be so expensive for teams to attend a tournament that doesn't count.

Murfreesboro Nets were at the Traveler's Tourney at Carson Newman. I don't know how you could call that dodging competition or padding stats.... Also, the Thunder 16's won the 16/East Substate and came in 2nd in the 17's, so why would they have anyhting to prove.....

Edited by chill

The Challenge of Champions is shaping up to be a great event. The entry fee is not very much for such a big time event with so many perks. The "Challenge" is formatted like the top non-sanctioned tournaments from accross the country, and right in the middle of Tennessee, so it is a great opportunity for Tennessee kids to play against the best, as well as be seen by scouts that represent Hoopscooponline, Bob Gibbons, National Scouting Report, and, last but not least, Gomab Hoops Recruiting Service....

As for my interpretation of the above posts, I doubt anyone is knocking the Thunder 16's East. They have a great club and are proving it. I assume the mention is about the Thunder 17's Elite, who are 2-7, the Thunder 16's Elite, who are 1-9, or the Thunder 17's B, who are 1-3. The Thunder East team is LOADED, and the #1 16's team in the State. I would, however, have loved to seen them against some of the other top teams in the state they won't get a chance to play otherwise, like YOMCA's loaded 16's team and Carl Reed's outstanding Tn Dreams program..........

As for the Nets, they have a great team, and are very dangerous. If they are not coming to the tourney, I'm sure it's for a very good reason, because they are a talented bunch. But they didn't play anyone at Travelers, and I wanted to see them against Tennessee Dreams, the Memphis clubs, etc. They do have an outstanding, Well-Coached team....

I can't wait to get started with the Ballerz Challenge of Champions. WE have 10 loaded teams right now in 17's, and 7 in 16's...filling just a few more spots. The competition is going to be BIG TIME, and I can't wait to see the top talents from accross the state....

By the way, 7 of the Top 8 Sophomores in the State will be in the C.O.C. (only Smith is missing)................

and right in the middle of Tennessee

Just be honest about a tournaments location. Lexington is not in Middle Tennessee and hotel rooms would have to be obtained for Middle TN teams to participate. That is all I was trying to say about it. Tross was calling teams out and that the reason some teams aren't coming. Not because of fear.

Edited by TheTruth12