District 9AAA for Friday May 9th

unioncounty

For Friday May 9th:

LaVergne will play Hendersonville in the finals of the losers bracketon field #2 or #4; ;)

Beech will play Wilson Central in the finals of the winners bracket on field #5. :D

Both games will go off at 3:00. Then at 5:00, the winner of the top game will play the loser of the bottom game. The championship and the "if" game will be played on Saturday with the time T.B.A. All games are still at Drakes Creek Park where the preferred method of travel is the john boat with a trolling motor . Mt. Juliet, White House, Smyrna, and Gallatin have all been eliminated. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually the winner of the hendersonville-lavergne game

will play the loser of the beech-wilson central game.

the loser of the hendersonville-lavergne game is eliminated since they both already have one loss.

the winner of the loser's bracket will then play the

winner of the winner's bracket for the championship.

if the loser's bracket winner wins, then there will be a

second game to decide the championship. both teams

advance to the next round, this game will decide who

is at home or away next week.

RocketTech,

Why would you post such a one-sided leading question?

You know, if you were there, that both players were ejected. The umpires took immediate steps to cool down a heated exchange that had repeated itself from a week earlier. The actions of both players are being reviewed and a decision about the incident will be made by the TSSAA.

To cause inferences from your statement is incredibly irresponsible and unfair to both teams. You post is only designed to incite an argument online that will serve no purpose. Thank you for trying to add a black eye to the toughest District in AAA softball.

Beech and Hendersonville have handled this matter with the Umpires and the TSSAA. Both coaches went to great lengths after the game to make sure the report was accurate.

iconu2,

Unless you know something the Beech staff doesn't know--no decision has been made about the return of either player.

I arrived right after the play ended. I was told that there was a collision at the plate. There was then a shove by the Hendersonville player, which set of the beech catcher an she started swinging. If someone could verify that, i think im right. Also, i was told that there isnt a sliding rule anymore. I swore that if the catcher was right infront of the plate, the baserunner had to slide. If she was up the line a little bit, than you can run her over. That happened last time when these two teams met, Hendersonvilles second basemen pancaked Beechs catcher cause she was up the line about 3 or 4 feet. That made our local paper, showing the collision, frame by frame.

home plate umpire said both players have to be held out

for one game, unless he is wrong, that is the way it is.

let it go, everybody, it will be settled by the powers that

be, it does no good to speculate or spread innuendo on

this board.

it is over, it would only hurt the girls involved if you all

continue to post opinions about it. give both girls a

break, and fugettaboutit.

I am sure Western that the report will be real accurate in Beech's favor, how can you argue when the catcher deliberately got up and started swinging. Should be 2 games any other sport for fighting would be.

Nice Hats that's classless. Go Commandos