All About Money

I was suprised last week to see the changes on coacht, not the format, but the shocking news that to post about certain sports you must pay a $12 membership. It is a sad day when a website about high school athletics has fallen victim to the greed of todays society. Many, well most all of the people I know that use to so enjoy coacht are younger kids in middle and high school. They loved reading about themselves and there friends and teammates. But now they are forced to pay a $12 fee to enjoy the fellowship. Maybe they can put away lunch money a couple of weeks and pay the shocking rate. For this reason alone, this will be my last time on coacht. And I will also urge all of my other associates and friends to boycott this website. To all of you who choose to pay....enjoy, but remember $12 this year, what's stopping it from $24 the next.

Jason Smithson

Lewis County

I'm sorry but you people that don't want to pay a little money for this website are idiots. You same people are the ones that will pay VolQuest big money to check out UT recruiting. Coach Thompson shouldn't have to go bankrupt so you can use this site for free. If you don't like the rules, I suggest you make your own website.

Great Point PlayinThaGame!! It is all about the money, and a good ole boy from Lawaranceburg has fell victim to it. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is proudly posted that coacht has 26,564 registered users. Wanting 26,564 fans to pay $12 is a little more than it cost to run a website....$31,876.81 to be exact. Far from poor ole Coach Thompson going broke wouldn't you say splainshornet.

I'm going to post the response to this comment, then lock the topic.

I realize I am going to face the "greed" claim by a lot of members. The biggest financial benefit the last 6 years is being able to claim a loss on my income tax and, even then, I can't claim the thousands of hours that have gone into this. While I enjoy the site immensely, IMMENSELY, I admit that it would be nice to have some income generated with a daughter in college, a son only a year away from college, and a 7th-grader coming along. But, at the least, it would be nice to cover the costs each and every month and $12 ($1 per month paid annually) for a membership is extremely affordable.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=41057

I hope he read through the Announcement materials before posting, and I hope he comes back in October or November when all the Winter boards begin opening for what will be very open and very free access.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is proudly posted that coacht has 26,564 registered users.

To clarify...

No one wants 26,564 people signed up for the subscription. That would, as you say, be overkill.

But understand that far fewer than half of all registered members have ever posted a message to the message board. That means that only 2% of the site's active user base are Plus members. Five percent would be ideal, but I guess that's still asking too much of some people.

All we ask is that you read all the reasons for the changes... most of which do not involve money, but time.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=41057