Knox Central Basketball Coach

redandblack63

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be an announcement tomorrow. The problem on the delay does not lay with the Central admin but with the Knox Co School Board. They wouldn't let them pull the trigger. Look for someone from the Knox Co system to get the job. In order to hire an out of system coach, if I understand it correctly, they would have to wait until the new budget is approved (maybe July or later).

I heard at the ball park last night that they were going to stay in house and hire the girls coach. If so it is another sad day for basketball at Central High School. They had the chance to do so much better. They had three canidates that were coaching in a state tournament this year and they hire a girls coach whose only claim to fame is that he is a hard worker. This will be Dunlaps second hire since he has been A.D. and if Lambert is hired it will be the second time he has not hired the most qualified person. I hope that it is just a ballpark rumor. Waiting would be better if it means getting the best possible coach. Wouldn't have to wait on Majors he is already in the system. :ph34r::D:D

Who was his first hire? I think this will be the first.

I have done a lot of research on this hire and put a lot of thought into it. "If" it is JD Lambert, I will be satisfied that a good search was done and they hired the person thought best for the job. If you don't think so that's OK.

The search was a smoke screen. The basketball program has been short changed again. Had a chance to hire a proven coach who had experience in leading teams to the state tournament and again they dropped the ball. All that can be said is that he is a hard worker nothing has been said about his ability to coach. The girls team was in turmoil last year. The team fought among themselves and he had no control over the two guards who refused to pass. I know because I am very close to individuals on the team. His first bad hire was the golf coach. I know who cares about golf. But it sets a trend that the administration is not willing to get the best for the kids at Central. They had the opportunity to hire a former college golfer but instead hired some clown who probably can't break 90, has no concept of the rules, and couldn't begin to give a player any advice on how to play the game. Again the administration has failed to get the kids of Central high the best possible coach. They have hired a basketball coach who can't control a team and pocesses little knowledge of the game compared to the other canidates who applied. The kids have been sacraficed through backroom deals and favors. If this would been a football hire the entire community would be up in arms. WHAT A JOKE! :D:D:lol:

Edited by redrage

• 3 weeks later...

scoutblue,

It looks like redrage has decided not to refute your statements. In looking at the state coaches book, I did not find a Coach Majors listed as the head coach at Fulton - the name listed was Jody Wright and I know he has experience in the state play-offs.

Maybe REDRAGE has an "in" with coach Majors. REDRAGE if you graduated from Central 40 years ago your memory might not be as good as it once was.