states

Irish17

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about D2, but I hear Christian Bros. is the team to beat. Don't count out Catholic or McCallie from the East. In A/AA Ridgeway is expected to win, but it's tournament time and you can't count anyone out just yet. In AAA Farragut is the clear favorite, with Bearden, Brentwood, and Hendersonville being in the Final Four. (Not sure if this can happen b/c I am not familiar with the brackets)

A/AA-Ridgeway with Lenoir City, and CAK making a run at them.

Division 2- Christian Brothers are the favorite with any of the teams being capable of making a run at it.(this division is stacked)

AAA- Farragut is my favorite, but after the loss last night to Bearden I'm wondering. Also Brentwood and Hendersonville are both capable of beating either of these teams. (those four teams have all they need to win)

A-AA I think FRA should be favored with Lenior City or CAK pressing.

AAA 4 teams are favored -Farragut, Bearden, Hendersonville, Brentwood. I think Bearden is the team to beat now due to a superb Coach. Don't overlook Houston, they are starting to play well.

DII- I am playing in this one so I will abstain but Knoxville Catholic and MBA are the hot teams heading into State.

Good luck to everyone.

IF Lenoir City wins Sat, they will probably play Ridgeway in the first round of the state tournament. I heard they are a good team, but every team has their weaknesses. Does anyone have any info on Ridgeway? (strengths, weaknesses, key players, etc) Any info. would be appreciated.

Icesoccer, we beat Ridgeway because we were not intimidated by their verbal abuse or physical game. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING they say to you during the game. Their Center mid's are their best players- give them no time & space or they will thread you. They are good and you must play quickly and make good passing decisions if you want to beat them.

Good luck