Centennial 3 Hendersonville 2

titansfan05

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a great game for centennial... they were up 3-0 in the first part of the game and probably played the best half of the year. they played defense in the second half so didnt have that many shots. but held hendersonville off at the end. Patrick Lazear saved a pk with centennial winning 3-1.. zander missed the pk. good job to both teams. hendersonville good season...

congratulations Centennial. It is great to see Columbia and Centennial going to the final 8. Brentwood and Franklin have always gotten the recognition in our area. Heck, Columbia has never gotten any attention. Its good to see some upsets. I guess thats why they play the games. I know the road will get real rough from here on in, but hey lets enjoy the ride. Good luck Centennial.

game analysis: centennial scores 3 early goals on 3 key mistakes in the back and they do basically nothing after that. 3-1 at half. hendersonville played well the last 60 min and should have won, or at least tied up the game. they were so many headers and shots that were just wide, and the pk miss. it was all very unlucky. centennial probably had maybe a couple shots in the second half, but nothing too serious. hendersonville possessed the ball and kept pounding away. it was just one of those games. im not knocking centennial, theyre a pretty good team and played hard but i feel hendersonville was superior. i spoke with a couple of centennial's players after the game and they said they were extremely lucky to make it out of the game winning 3-2.

i feel we werent prepared for this game, too busy looking ahead. ive never played with a group of people that cared so much, especially the seniors. to go out like this is unbearable. my season was up and down, mostly down though. i hope to play better next year, we'll still be a pretty good team. im looking forward to it. good luck to centennial against bearden, you guys played well tonight.

Congratulations to Centennial for capitalizing on the new system where both Region finalists continue on in the playoffs. I knew it would benefit Farragut and Bearden in Region 2 AAA, and CAK and Lenoir City in

Region 2 A-AA. And of course the Houston/Germantown combo in the Girls Region 8, probably the main inspiration for a reconstruction of the playoff format. But who knew Smyrna and Centennial would take advantage of this opportunity while their Region counterparts Hendersonville and Brentwood would be upset? Hey, that's what the 2nd season is all about my friends. That's why we play the games.

And although I'm happy for Centennial, I don't envy them playing a Bearden team that just knocked off the nation's #2 team 2 days ago.

Get ready. It's tournament time!

hhs1, come on man give me a break. i know you congragulated us but some of that stuff is ridiculous. we scored 3 goals because our attack beat ur defense and goalie. of course there were mistakes, if perfect defense was played goals probably wouldnt happen. but to say that is just dumb, you scored one of your goals on an own goal. we had more than two shots in the second half and we were playing our best player in midfield or in the back part of the time. when you're up 3-1 your attack changes, thats just smart soccer. centennial fought hard the whole game and while hendersonville probably did control the second half possesion, they really didn't have many quality scoring chances because of how well chs played in the back. the pk miss wasn't just unlucky, our goalie had to make the save too, you're player didnt just miss. no need for you to come on here and make that many excuses. hendersonville is a great team and played an awesome game, congragulations on your season.

Centennial's defense was pinned in their own half, not purposely, for about the last 60 minutes. Hendersonville had numerous chances to win and Centennial had approximately 0 or maybe 1 shot in the second half. They did what they had to to the result, but by no means was the better team.

yes, Brentwood and Hendersonville are done for the year.

As for Centennial's defense, I've seen them do this time and time again. In the beginning of the first half, Centennial's midfield played great, moving the ball around, and really pressuring the ball on defense. After it was 3-0, the midfield moved back, and this is where the problem occurs. When Centennial's midfield does not pressure at the half-line, good teams capitalize by pushing up as many players as possible. Centennial counters this by pulling back all but one player. When this happens, it is easier for other teams to score. Both goals happened because of this, and almost every goal against Brentwood was because of this. If Centennial wants to beat Bearden, they HAVE to have midfield pressure the ball right away. If they sit back, Bearden will have a field day and will score at least 3 goals.

The problem with Hendersonville tonight was that they fell asleep at the beginning of the game and Centennial took it to them. It was a well played game by both teams, and I wish Centennial the best of luck at state.