Best RB's FB's in 4-5A?

oaklandLB11

There is alot of young talent in 4-5A and the RB and FB position.

such as gaston miller at RHS, yet there is alot also in seniors. Did the tailback from lebanon graduate or is he still there?

Los from oakland may be small but he is very strong and slippery. and AJ Alexander will be a major factor at oakland too.

Guest region4fan

The kid from Lebanon #4 was just a junior if I remember correctly. From what I heard Kentrell was still the starting FB in spring, with AJ tight on his tail.BUT..... AJ did get the starting nod at DE though.

I think competition only makes you get better. It is my opinion that that was what happened with Elbal at QB......no one challenging him for his spot.

The TB at Blackman who wore number 6 in the Centennial scrimmage, looked serious. He was the most impressive of all the Blaze in my opinion. He's got a great build, and solid speed. He didn't have much room to run against the first string defense of CHS, but he ran very hard and made something out of nothing on more than one occasion.

Edited by boneal52

Kenny Merideth is pretty good but I don't think that he has the moves of a tailback, such as Rico Turner. He's more of a fullback. I hope yall don't think that I am just some random person on here that doesn't know the first thing about football. I blocked for him all year long.

Lets Go Blaze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets Go 4-5A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, i know that carlos from oakland is gonna be real good. after blocking for him the past 2 years, and seeing what he can do, i think he will be one of the, if not the, best in the region. Aj i think will get the nod at Fullback, but thats just my opinion. Oh, and by the way, the reason Aj was starting at DE was b/c bo jones was hurt, not because he was better

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• I've caught a few games this year. We have a decent team.   I'm hoping this group can qualify for state.  
    • Pirates baseball team is region 3 champs.  Host sectional Wednesday.   Go Pirates!!
    • I am interested in seeing how much they progress in year two under Fitz myself. I do believe they will improve but how much will be the question.
    • Pirates can make a run at the dance for sure.
    • I've always been a football fan first and then if you have a band that's awesome.No question that DB has one of the best bands in the country and the whole region should attend at least one DB game just to see their band. I don't know if Nick Saban could come to Kingsport and build a football program that could match the Dobyns Bennett band's success.That said,as mentioned before, a couple of things would have to change in order for the Tribe to just win a state championship on the field.Besides a program that starts from the peewee teams and goes all the way to J Fred with all coaches and weight training { in time }on the same page. Sometimes it also takes a little luck like the 1998 Vols .There are a lot of great athletes at a lot of big schools around the state and just because you want something doesn't mean your going to build a program like Alcoa has. Yes,start at the bottom and have guys that are quality coaches teaching at every level is 100% the first step. Parents can make it a lot easier by getting their young athletes into an early start with conditioning and weights as well when they are old enough to lift.If your son is a man in the weight room before he gets to DB , then it won't take a "Dobbs" coach to make him competitive against other schools athletes when it comes to strength.