Top teams in 3a in the '03

eaglefan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin East should be very good this year. They are deep at every position. And may have the best LB crew in the state in 3A football. As usual very deep at the skill positions. The O-line is much improved and deeper. They will be tested early in the preseason with scrimaages against some top 4A competition. (Maryville, Knox Central, and Morristown West) If they come out of those injury free and with some momentum watch out for the roadrunners.

I think personally that Fulton Falcons will be good this year. One of the big reasons is that everyone is already counting us out. You know thats ashame. People think just because we lost a bunch of seniors that we will be lame. Fulton has alot of possible threats this year. But I guess we will just have to see come football season.

-FULTON FOOTBALL PLAYER

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No matter how good they are, Marshall County will choke in the playoffs as they always do. Greenbrier may play the bridesmaid in Region 5 (although I doubt it), but they are built to go the distance in the playoffs. They have arguably the toughest schedule in 3A this year.

Crockett County and McNairy Central will be tough out of Region 6, as always.

Although there will be good teams in Region 4, not sure if any of them have the strength to compete like Trousdale did last year.

I also expect that Austin East will have something to say about the 3A champ this year.

hey eaglefan i am a senior this coming year at crockett and we only had 9 seniors last year and only 6 that played and my class is the biggest that has ever came through our school and we have replaced everyone with seniors and we only have 5 underclassmen starting and they are all juniors.