USJ

p19dad

Whew!!!! Thanks BNA for that nice level headed post. All these kids work hard to be where they are and to see all the trash posts on this thread is discouraging. Thanks goodness for your remarks to save the day.

Sounds like the championship was a great game. I heard USJ had the game won in the bottom of the 7th with two outs and a ground ball hit to the shortstop that was misplayed and allowed the tying run to score. That`s a tough way to lose. Congrats to both teams.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well for a small town public school rockwood did pretty well.and we're real proud of our guys. usj has a great team as does goodpasture and all the other private schools..we'll try and do better next year...

be realistic about it... money buys alot and ya'll are certainly loaded with talent...we just have to try harder....good luck in all you do! "GO TIGERS" :o

Thank you BBB23, you proved to everyone how smart you are. You say that Rockwood posts thousands of messages about how good they are. .......Not that I know of, This just proves that the Rockwood fans are proud of there team and post. And if you were to read the posts you would notice that we arn't bragging about how good are team is. We simply say Good Job on a win or whos pitching tonight. Or sorry about the lose get em next time. Now please lets not be upset that a Public school has more fans then your team. And to correct you we played three games in the state this year not two. Now that I got that out of the way. I would like to say good job to DA on their championship, you beat a good team out of USJ and were truely the best team of Class A this year. Yall have a good summer and see ya next year.

the little jon and the eastside boys chant is something for one of our batters we did it for him the first time and he went yard, plus it keeps us pumped up and in the game unlike the other teams who just sit there, it shouldnt be annoying for teammates cheering each other on i am calling usj annoying because all they did was talk crap the whole game and for a team that wasnt that good to talk crap is plain annoying plus it was a few players who didnt play and the ones who did talk crap also didnt make the plays so that made it a little better,

Congrats to D A on being State Champs, you beat a very good JCS team and the defending state champs USJ in the same day, a job well done....

Who put Goodpasture out ? Who beat them twice, I guess if I were Goodpasture I would also find USJ annoying ..... Congrats again to Davidson Academy...

Wow Roberto, how does that make since. I saw you in MEMPHIS and you look like Junior High Kids. So what does that mean. Getting to the state could be done by Junior High students? Now im sorry Rockwood isn't a Privite School that can afford a state of the art Weight Room. And im sure everyone would be happy for you to stop bashing everyone elses team. Just say something good about the team you cheer for.

Wow, I enjoy reading all these post about people whining and crying because they lost. I played (i am a senior) for JCS and i agree with the parent of DA. USJ was one of the best teams we played this year but on Friday, May 23rd DA was the best team in the state in Single A. As most people from USJ know i am really good friends with most of there players. People chanting at games has nothing to do with them being annoying, its annoying when you lose and you hear them cheering. I think everybody can agree with me when you lose a game you hate the other team, just because USJ has won states the past 2 years doesn't make them a cocky team. I have been to a lot of USJ regular season games and playing against them they are a classy team and will be back in states next year. As for everybody else season is over and Congrads to DA for beating 2 of the best teams in the state to win a state title. You guys played very well and I enjoyed playing you guys 5 times (haha).

well for a small town public school rockwood did pretty well.and we're real proud of our guys. usj has a great team as does goodpasture and all the other private schools..we'll try and do better next year...

be realistic about it... money buys alot and ya'll are certainly loaded with talent...we just have to try harder....good luck in all you do! "GO TIGERS" B)

GReat post man. YOur exactly right. If it werent for all these private schools we would see a rea true state champion. They have a lot of advantages that the public schools dont. I'm not saying that they arent good at baseball because they are . But they should be with alll of those advantages they have like money. It's pretty obvious that it is time for these private schools should be taken out of class A. They are the only teams that are up at the state tournament every year. Look at this year. They had 6 out of 8 teams. If it werent for these private schools my team would have been in the state tournament twice in the last 3 years.

Wow Roberto, how does that make since. I saw you in MEMPHIS and you look like Junior High Kids. So what does that mean. Getting to the state could be done by Junior High students? Now im sorry Rockwood isn't a Privite School that can afford a state of the art Weight Room. And im sure everyone would be happy for you to stop bashing everyone elses team. Just say something good about the team you cheer for.

Phantom II, I have nothing positive to say about people that can't be realistic. As for extremeloco, here is how this makes SENSE (public school english didn't help). The players for Rockwood had toothpicks arms. They also kicked it around. It had nothing to do with the fact that they were a public school. . In football, the public schools cried because they could not beat Brentwood Academy. Now we have seven state champions. I will be honest with myself and say that you are right and that public schools can't compete with the facilities of some private schools. Some small colleges would be happy to have some of the facilities that private schools have. But what can you do? In the state of Tenn., how many private schools are there and how many public schools are there in class A baseball ? I really don't know .