Please excuse me

PureFP

I just gotta crow, so forgive me all other partisans for the following paragraphs.

Chattanooga is the home of the best softball in the state. All roads to great fastpitch in Tennessee pass through this little burg on the river. With only 3 teams left in each classification, the following teams are still in it from the Chattanooga Regions:

3AAA: Soddy Daisy (Undefeated, and hands down the best team in the state in any classification!) Cumberland (only loss to Soddy Daisy and quite possibly the second best team in any classification.)

A: Boyd Buchanan (Only loss to Goodpasture)

Div. II Baylor (Undefeated)

Congradulations to the girls from Region 3! :ph34r:

We now return to our regular programming already in progress.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to clarify what areas you're comparing. If you compared Hamilton County to any other county, I think you'd have to go with Hamilton as having more state-title level teams pretty much every year. this year I'd include the teams that made it to Memphis and also East Ridge in that group even though they lost to Lipscomb. If you're comparing Chattanooga area to Knoxville area including Maryville, or Nashville area including Brentwood and Beech, etc, it's more equal. The teams surrounding Hamilton County aren't great for the most part, unless you include Cumberland and Coffee (Coffee's stats were in the Chattanooga weekly statistics). If you include midstate, Nashville, Coffee, Beech, Smith County, Greenbriar, all over, that area is certainly superior in the number of very good teams but there are probably more bad teams too, it's just a lot of schools. And about Cumberland, I don't remember seeing anything about them ever locally until they got good, that probably tells you if they are Chattanooga area or not.

i do think that goodpasture is a very good team. they were better on that particular day at soddy field. i was there and watched the whole game. but remember any team can be beat. but i will have to say that i do think that Soddy is the best team in any classification in the state considering their only loss to tennessee opponents were baylor and goodpasture both in the finals of their persepctive classes and i think goodpasture was beaten by beech twice which did not even make it to state in AAA. not saying beech is not a good team just they got beat by them twice. but again good luck to Soddy Daisy, Boyd Buchanan, and Baylor bring back titles to chattanooga.