Farragut vs. Bearden...Let's talk

dcprimus

Irish, there is no issue, I asked you a question. I believe you alluded to the probability that Farragut would have beaten you. I agree, and probably rather handily. What was the score to your game with CBHS?

Now do you see why I asked the question?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel that there are too many powerful and/or more skilled players on FHS and BHS for any other team in the state to handle this past year. it's a risk saying i know, i just dont see many high school teams that play the season we do being better than either team... Our defenses are too powerful and our offenses are as well...

Seldon, Bearden destroyed Ridgeway in OT, right.. How did CBHS do?? .. 5-0.. Same argument, same question. No solution unless the teams actually play each other. My observation of Bearden and Farragut was that Farragut was the stronger team. Bearden's skill level at some positions was lacking. In my opinion, Farragut deserves props for their top ranking, it just seems everyone dumps on DII unfairly. DII has a strong group of about 12 teams that will battle anyone during state. Next year, Knoxville Catholic will be the same team one year older and I am glad I am graduated and won't have to play them next year.. They will be ranked nationally next year and Bearden and Farragut will have their hands full with KCHS if they play each other.

Bearden and Farragut were both good, but the CBHS vs. MUS title game was a pleasure to watch. It was good soccer (mostly by CBHS) but MUS held their own. Farragut's defense seemed a little shaky compared to that of CBHS. CB never cleared the ball. They trapped the ball and played from the back. I was very impressed with them.

Seldon, our game with CBHS was 3-2, but anyone there knows that CBHS clearly had more shots possession etc. I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm simply stating that CBHS vs Farragut/Bearden would be great soccer, because they are just as good a team. Do you have a problem with a D2 team being in the same league of talent with FHS? Whats the problem with people stating another quality team. By the way congrats on your state title.

I agree with Irish. Farragut is a good team capable of beating almost anyone, but you don't have to let everyone else know that. We all do. Act somewhat humble sometimes. Accept the fact that they are good, but not godly like you make them out to be. Anyone can win on any given day.

after playing against CBHS, and seeing Farragut and Bearden play, i would have to agree that CBHS would beat either team. every single player had at least above-average skill and they played very well as a team. those are the main differences that i have seen. FHS and BHS just don't always play as a team, and each team has a few weak spots in their rosters that can be exploited. CBHS could have beaten us by more then 3-2, and they didnt even have Kraus that game, supposedly their best player. obviously CBHS would not whoop either team, but i think they would win in a close game.

First of all Seldon is simply defending his team against claims that others are better......seeing as they won the AAA championship he is entitled to do so. LcSoccer, Farragut's defense looking shaky had much to do with the loss of the best sweeper in the state, Dustin Crouse, in the beginning of the tournament. I guarantee the skill of the Farragut team is above average in every position and the depth is unmatched. Although one may say CBHS plays a game thats a "pleasure to watch" the pretty game does not always win. The athleticism, strength and skill combination of the Admirals would be incredibly hard to stop. And to those saying size does not matter, have you ever been pushed off a ball....enough said. One cannot judge the ability of a team based on a game against rivals....too much emotion involved. But if one was to see Farragut destroy two top ranked Georgia teams and a highly touted Houston team, all at their respective homes, they would agree that the Admirals would welcome and enter confidently into any game with a Division II opponent.

Edited by bafactor

Bafactor: I guarantee the skill of the Farragut team is above average in every position and the depth is unmatched.

well bafactor, if you are going to say that farragut or bearden are blessed with skill in every position, its just my opinion that you would be wrong. i have seen each team play and i have seen CBHS play, and there is definately a big difference. FHS and BHS just have some weak spots that a team like CBHS would find easy to attack.

I wasn't at the Bearden-Farragut championship game but saw tape of "controversial" handball on TV replay. PK and red card call was a "no-brainer" good call! Take it like a man, Bearden. Both teams are too good for either of them to whine about a "right on the money" call

I believe Bearden and Farragut are the best teams in AAA, but bottom line CBHS would beat them in a close one. THey both have their weaknesses, while CBHS' players seemed to be flawless. They made few mistakes and the subsititutes were just as good as the starters. I'm not trying to take anything away from Bearden or Farragut, but CBHS seemed to be a step ahead. I'm confident that their "strength" stlye of play couldn't beat CB's possession game, but it would make for a great matchup.