Farragut vs. Bearden...Let's talk

dcprimus

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Bearden and Farragut are the best teams in AAA, but bottom line CBHS would beat them in a close one. THey both have their weaknesses, while CBHS' players seemed to be flawless. They made few mistakes and the subsititutes were just as good as the starters. I'm not trying to take anything away from Bearden or Farragut, but CBHS seemed to be a step ahead. I'm confident that their "strength" stlye of play couldn't beat CB's possession game, but it would make for a great matchup.

LCSoccer,

I agree with the assessment. Farragut, Bearden and CBHS were the tops in the tournament and on any given night could beat each other but all would be close. LC I'm curious as to your thoughts on 2 private schools playing for the A/AA title keeping in mind that Ridgeway, a public school, has in recent history been the most dominant program.

We (Lenoir City) played Ridgeway in the opening round and found out just how good they were. To beat them was a great accomplishment, but we didn't have time to absorb the victory. They are an excellent team, but we held on for most of the game. Some say we were lucky, but bottom line we won on the scoreboard. We had the opportunity to play both CCS and CAK during the year. Both schools had good teams, but I thought CCS was a step better than CAK. To have such small schools, they both have good teams. I think the fact that two smaller schools represented A/AA in the state final speaks of how well soccer is progressing not only in East TN, but the entire state as well. It's good to see diferent teams besides Ridgeway win the state title. I would have liked to have played in the championship,but CCS was better than us on that particular night. Well done everyone, and congrats to the state champions.

lcsoccer i agree...whoever said that pretty soccer doesn't always win is right...but smart soccer does and that is how CB plays. yeah strength is a factor, sure everyone has been pushed off a ball...but i'm sure everyone has gone around those kind of plays too...i'm not sayin who would win but all 3 teams are great and need to stop arguing who is the best...if you want to know so bad just play each other..too bad it will never happen...and everyone wil laruge back and forth to which team is better...and if they did play one side would start whining over a blatant call...by the way it was a handball...i just dont know which team would be win but it would be nice to watch

Edited by pennyplay6254

I think it comes down to the fact that CBHS plays more like a good club team does, where Farragut plays more like a good high school team...they all have talented people, but CBHS plays a more skilled, team oriented game. Everyone has to admit high school soccer is normally very different from this type of play...Unskilled kids that are quick and can take people out (especially defenders) can oftentimes get away with being considered a good player in high school soccer yet don't have a prayer in club. i know how Christian Bro.'s plays, and I know how Farragut plays...it would be one heck of a matchup of two different styles clashing. I truly feel though that CB's skill would be a little too much for the Admirals and although they have great players such as Ian, that CB would terrorize through the midfield and be able to beat Farragut... I think the only way Farragut would come out on top would be scores off of quick resets such as free kicks or corner kicks and capitilizing in the air or off of richocets...but its a moot point, I guess know one will ever really know.

Guest class

all i know is that Bearden beat CBHS last year 4-0.. don't even say that Bearden and Farragut can't handle them.. even CB players said Bearden was that good. AND about that hand ball call.. if u look closely you will see that the picture from coach T is very deceiving. the ball hit Nicks shoulder and bounced over with his elbow flaring outward then click the picture was taken and looks as if Nicks arm is touching it.. when in fact the ball is on the other side of his elbow so he couldn't possibly have touched it..

Ok richard...what past games? and don't mention any crap about last year or anything with Bearden and CBHS cuz im pretty sure even Bearden players would admit that they were about 10 times better last year...they only lost like 6 starters from that team...besides that I can tell u that we at Catholic always played teams tough...we were the last team to put a blemish on Bearden's record for the past 2 years before they played Farragut the first time this year...and they will even admit we should have won that game. Truth is, I think that the soccer is kind of weak everywhere in TN. Besides a few powerhouses in each classification, the other teams are just sad...I am gonna take another perspective too...let's look at the players from each team going to play different colleges somewhere...i believe CB has a guy going to Creighton (NCAA runner ups last year) and a guy going to Clemson (always a solid division 1 soccer team). not to mention a few to memphis, a couple to christian brothers university, and one to lincoln memorial. Bearden and Farragut have a good solid core of players, but they don't have the total package like CB. They ARE weak at some positions but the way they play with the great players and the weaker players complementing each other makes them get the W's...Although I give props to my Knoxville boys, I think that CB could have taken both of them THIS year...

I think it comes down to the fact that CBHS plays more like a good club team does, where Farragut plays more like a good high school team

I don't buy that assessment. As a matter of fact, after FHS went to Georgia and beat two of their top 5 teams in as many days, two different fans from Georgia commented that they felt like Farragut played more like a club team than a high school team. I agree.