who deserves all-state?

taz16

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that they should also consider those that didnt make it to the state tourney. there are good players that maybe arent on the best of teams. i mean there are players on dickson co, hendersonville, beech, brentwood, etc. that didnt make it to state, but have good players. (not saying they arent good. just an example)

I agree Fanniemae. There are alot of deserving players that get no recognition because of the school they play for or because their overall team isn't that great. Most any team has one or two great players that are deserving. Our team had a very deserving player last year that was nominated and the coach was told that they had to atleast make it to the sub-states for her to be considered. How unfortunate for her and alot of other players that that has happened too.

I don't know that making it to state has too much to do with getting all-state. We got put out by Davidson in the first round of region last year, and we had 2 all-state players. But that was he first time we hadn't been to state since I was born or something, so that may have something to do with it. lol

But I agree, a good player is a good player whether the rest of their team is good or not. Most of the time the good players on not so hot teams are better than the good players on the good teams b/c they know what it is like to have to work for everything they get, and not be able to depend on someone else to get the job done.

We all know softball starts with pitching. The teams that win state either have outstanding pitching or have quality players up and down the lineup or both and most have both. The other top twenty teams in the classification have one or two very good players but don't have the depth as the state champions or the top one or two pitchers.

With that said the top two players at Forest are as good as the top two at Ezell etc. Ezell will disagree but look at what has changed about Ezell in the last two years. They lost there outstanding pitching and they are no longer separating themselves from Forest, Davidson Academy etc. So yes any team's players public or private should be considered for all-state and the concentration should be on the top twenty or so teams.