There's a Gunslinger in Kingsport

TRIBE1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DBAlumni2000,

I hate to tell you, but if you graduated from DB in 2000 and knew a lot of the starters on the football team, then you knew me. I graduated in 2001 and played outside 'backer. I'm not gonna tell you that "you my friend know nothing about football," because I don't infact know whether you do or not, and that would be just plain childish. Anyways, DB is not returning many people this year with experience on either side of the ball, but I have seen teams with less talent than this years be very, very successful. The one other thing you must remember is who is coaching this team. Graham Clark just doesn't lose many football games because of the way he runs the program. Those kids would go to war for him or any other player (I know I would have), and he is a motivator. Granted, DB is not loaded this year like '98, '00, etc. but go ask an Oak Ridge fan if they would ever count DB out of the playoffs. By the way, the Joe Erwin kid who everyone has been talking about on here just happens to be my cousin. He has a great arm, but really is better on defense. Joe is at least 6'3" and weighs maybe 195 and can really hit. His only problem might be that the other strong safety is pretty darn good himself for DB, but he blew out a knee last year. Anyways, DBAlumni2000, let me know who you are and maybe we can catch up. Peace.

Well Tribe1 I do know who you are and if you are who you claim to be then you knows Joe's brother who also went to DB, cause I know I do, but if you don't know him then you probably aren't Joe's cousin. Anyway back to the subject if you think a team with no Offensive line and a new QB is gonna make the playoffs then well you leave in a dream world. And apparently Clark isn't much of a motivator cause I saw the meltdown in the playoffs, did you? Anyway keep thinking they're gonna make the playoffs and we'll see who's right.

DB will march to the playoffs just like they do year in and year out. Region 1 is a very weak region, not to say that their have not been some good teams come out of Region 1. Like the sevier county teams and the OLD Science Hill teams, and of course DB. I look for DB to claim another Big East Conference Championship and possibly have their picture put up in the weight room. But they will not go deep in the playoffs, they are too young and not enough LEADERS!

DB will march to the playoffs just like they do year in and year out. Region 1 is a very weak region, not to say that their have not been some good teams come out of Region 1. Like the sevier county teams and the OLD Science Hill teams, and of course DB. I look for DB to claim another Big East Conference Championship and possibly have their picture put up in the weight room. But they will not go deep in the playoffs, they are too young and not enough LEADERS!

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Jeff Co. is coming back strong, as is Sevier County. Bearden is loading up this year and we're gonna take it to some people, but I'll let our play on the field do the talking. South Doyle could be the same as last year. I don't know about Campbell County, but Science Hill is supposedly going to improve this year. To say this region is weak is not accurate. Last year was a down year, and I look for this year to be pretty strong. DB's defense isn't strong enough to counter their weak offense from what I hear.

DBAlumni2000,

Thanks for all of the thoughtful insight. I am truly proud to have played on the football team representing somebody like you. Maybe you just have a little bottled up anger because you never got to play. It's OK man, things will get better.LOL I'll tell you what, let's do just wait and see what happens this next season for two reasons: 1) You cannot win an argument on an internet chat board (so there is no sense in getting so torn up about it), and, 2) DB always makes the playoffs and that won't change.

Tsmithvol, you don't know jack about region 1 5a football. jeff co. returns 15 starters from last yr's team that lost to DB in the qtr finals, and if you were there you would have marveled over jeff's drastic improvement. furthermore, jeff returns all skill players--scooter houston #5 (a speeding bullet with heart), tyler brown #9 (the guy who burned DB's secondary on jeff's first play from scrimmage; oh, and fortnuate for DB he was hurt on the next series), etc... dude, if you have any football knowledge, you would say that jeff is the heavy favorite to win region 1. however, DB has owned jeff for 10 yrs, with jeff's last victory over DB being in the opening round of the playoffs in 92 13-12. so DB might have a psych edge over jeff. but that should come to an end when the indians come to dumplin valley this yr.

:lol: Jpat, sorry did not mean to ruffle your feathers and get you all excited!

I am just stating the facts, DB has ruled the big east a long time, you can call it a dynasty if you wanted to. As for Region 1 being weak, it is the truth there are always two strong teams that come out of region 1 and one of those teams are always DB. It is not an all around strong conference Riverdale's conference is way better than ours. That is why they always go deep in the playoffs, bc they play stong teams week in and week out. DB has tried to schedule some of those teams like Riverdale and Oakland but travel issues always come into play. The fact of the matter is DB rules east TN, when people say region 1 football they think of DB not Jeff County. I hate to be so blunt about it but untill you have a 10 game winning streak over us or compete for championships year in and year out, take your medicine and go on!

Whats up Tribe1