There's a Gunslinger in Kingsport

TRIBE1

like i said earlier, DB's reign is over. i watched jeff's upcoming seniors run all over DB's upcoming seniors when they were fr 30-0. jeff had that score at half and fumble inside DB's five on their next two possessions in the second half; after that, jeff played their 2 & 3 stringers. the game could have ended 50-0. and yes it does mean something because this group has stuck together. 15 of those same players started last yr and will again start this yr. 5 of them started as sophs (jennings, houston, clement, brown, cantrell). jeff will destroy DB this yr and that is a fact, tribe1 and you other DB fans. prediction jeff 35 DB 7.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that those 15 incredible starters started last year? That's funny because I think DB beat the Jefferson County dynasty for the 10th year in a row last year. Man, I hope those 15 men have been bustin their tail this summer, cause they have some strong words to live up to. And to be honest, when I was playin at DB (which is included in that 10 years), we got up more to play Greenville (4A) than Jeff. County. You can talk all you want to about ruling Region 1 this year, but until it happens (and it hasn't in a long time) then you are simply diggin yourself a bigger hole. I remember Jeff. County fans talking this same stuff when Ricky Upton was around and nothing ever changed. Good luck to the Patriots, and they had better play well or they might not even finish second.

Edited by TRIBE1

tribe1, juniors in hs should make improvement as the season goes along. as you know, jeff made great strides from their first meeting to their rematch with DB last yr (DB won with ease 35-12 in week 4). however, in the qtr finals that was not the case. DB was in a hard fought battle all the way into the 4th qtr. our qb hurt his throwing arm mid-way through the 2nd qtr and our best receiver #9, tyler brown, hurt his shoulder on the second series. the coaching staff elected to allow both players to continue to play, especially since parker clement, #7, had become the leader of the team. i'm not making excuses because DB improved drastically as the season went alone last yr and was a very good team in the playoffs. but as i said before their reign over jeff will end this season. now, you can continue to think that tradition will continue if you choose. but after DB comes to jeff this yr you will leave the game without any doubt who is the best team this yr (jeff). as for me, i did not believe DB was the better team when the two met in the qtr finals last yr--after their first meeting, DB was far better but not the latter.

ps how will DB cotain scooter houston, jeff jennings, and tyler brown? those are three great players with blazing speed.

tribe1, you say DB will always make the playoffs. if you know anything about logic, you know that "always" is a false premise. therefore, false conclusion; therefore, DB will not make the playoffs one day. that day might just be this yr--strong probability.

Has DB considered opening up even more as an offense since they supposedly have a "gunslinger", and a stud WR. As a Sevier County man, I enjoy competing against DB and Jeff Co., because it's a guaranteed gut check, and if we stink it up, a rectum check. We will be an improved team over last year. In last year's DB game, our O-Line dominated the first half, but our D gave up too many big plays for us to have a chance. Our OLine didn't do as well at Jeff, we dropped 6 crucial passes, and our secondary gave them 2. After those two games, we started playing. We lost to ORidge in the first round- we fumbled inside the 5 that would have put us up by 2 touchdowns. Of course, like any good team with lots of pride, Oak Ridge made each of our turnovers hurt with quick hitting TD's. I believe we are getting closer to where we were in 99 and 2000, but still a ways off. I strongly believe we have the toughest region in the state. Check the playoffs and compare to Region 2. You can have a great year of 8-2 and be 3rd place in our region. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we hope eventually that we can get back in the mix with you guys before too long. Let me know what you think(JPats5, guru5, starsnbars, blue21sallyat7,govman, coachdg)

sevier co had big strong linemen last yr. if they would have had speed at the skill positions, they would have won the region and advanced far into the playoffs. the bears have a good group of sophs & jrs, but they lack talent and leadership in the senior class. brewer will develop this group (sophs & jrs), and they should finish strong in the region, probably 7-3. furthermore, they might make a strong showing in the playoffs, like facing jeff co in the qtr finals.

Tlove, I look for sevier co. to make signifigant strides. They were very competitve last year as I saw them play Jeff. They were in the game until the end. They also played an almost stellar game against an OR powerhouse. Too bad Sevier co is in such a tough district. I agree, you could have a fantastic season and still be third in this region. DB is the best so far, hands down. But all good things come to an end. Good luck to all the teams mentioned, they are all fine upstanding programs with great coaching staffs!

Whats up bud,

I havn't heard a word about this transfer from Jackson. The only place that I have heard anybody speak on it is on here, so who knows what's going on. I hope he is for real, and elgible to play with all of the TSSAA rules. We should know alot about this years team after they go through their summer scrimmages including Maryville.