Cumberland Co Jets

CCHSJets2002

exacty my thought, mynameis, exactly. u just worded it. this years schedule isnt a hard one, and thats what iwas tryin to say. that maybe last year they didnt do well in the playoffs b/c they were outmatched by somebody who had played in big games, against great teams....i couldnt say it any better than u did though, it dont seem like anybody at cumberland county is preparing for the playoffs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What most people don't realize is that our location is the biggest factor in who we play. You guys from the "boro" don't know how good you have it. You can hop on a bus or in your car and drive 10- 30 minutes and face some of the most competitive teams in the state. Now grap a map and find Cumberland Co. I'm pretty sure you will see that we play every 5a team with-in a 50-60 mile radius of our school. We also play or are willing to play every 4a team in that same area.(We can't make them play) Most teams have no reason to get in to a home and away series with a team that is 100 miles or more away. If you look on this year'schedule you'll see we are already traveling around 100 miles in home and away series with Lincoln,Franklin,Lavergne, Wilson Central and Pigeon Forge. Also look at Coffee(80 miles), McMinn and Warren (60 miles). I hope this might shed a little light on our schedule for all our critics.

If you consider the spring to be anything like the regular season than you are out of your mind.

I knew of the location problem when I made my post. You may not get the best teams in the state to play home and homes, but I won't believe you couldn't find more competitive games than White County and Wilson Central.

If you consider the spring to be anything like the regular season than you are out of your mind.

I knew of the location problem when I made my post. You may not get the best teams in the state to play home and homes, but I won't believe you couldn't find more competitive games than White County and Wilson Central.

We've played White Co. for decades(border county rivals), believe it or not they used to be a very good team. The other thing that you need to consider about our amount of travel is not the problem with the team, but all of the fans, that have to travel as well. If you don't approve of our schedule I apoligize. But as I said we can't make teams play us and we're not willing to make our team or our fans travel 100 miles every week.