The "hand ball" call

Guest class

Guest class

about that hand ball call.. if u look closely you will see that the picture from coach T is very deceiving. the ball hit Nicks shoulder and bounced over with his elbow flaring outward then click the picture was taken and looks as if Nicks arm is touching it.. when in fact the ball is on the other side of his elbow so he couldn't possibly have touched it..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with class, and I bet my life, and I'm sure Nick does too, on the fact that the ball hit him in the shoulder and not the elbow. That is a deceiving angle. And I do not care what anyone says, I was right there and I saw it. If you don't believe us fine, but you are being tricked by that picture.

I was at the game and square with the 18 yard line in the lower level stands. Not for either team so understand I don't have a dog in the hunt. From my vantage point it did look like a hand ball. The referee was in an excellent position to make the call (unlike the referee who handled the CBHS/Catholic game). The real problem was that Bearden's midfield did not step up to challenge the play prior to the handball. If they had, there would be no judgement call needed by the referee in the first place and Bearden probably wins because the ball doesn't get that deep into their defensive third IMHO.

about that hand ball call.. if u look closely you will see that the picture from coach T is very deceiving.  the ball hit Nicks shoulder and bounced over with his elbow flaring outward then click the picture was taken and looks as if Nicks arm is touching it.. when in fact the ball is on the other side of his elbow so he couldn't possibly have touched it..

The picture I took is from a video, not a still-photo, and I looked at the video a dozen times before still-framing that picture. I just looked at it again. The ball hit his upper arm, beginning at the elbow, and he extended the arm in order to make contact. It saved the goal but resulted in the PK. It gave Bearden a chance to keep Farragut from scoring which, of course, didn't happen.

The Center in the CBHS/Catholic game never moved+/- 10 yards from the centerline 90% of the game is what I think you are refering to. He was literally a "Center" Referee and utilized his AR's to the upmost. He was not in good position most of the game. In fairness to him, he appeared to be injured in one leg.

Oh good grief. Quit trying to rationalize a legitimate call, you sound like a 10 year old. WATCH THE VIDEO!! There is NO question that it was a hand-ball and there is little question that it was on purpose.. Nick may have been trying to get his body in position, but in so trying he OBVIOUSLY extended his arm to block the ball.

Get over it! Farragut won, fair and square.

Edited by Seldon