Meek, 5 others leave UTC

Indian

I know this is a college topic but only a year ago Sara Meek was the best senior pitcher in Tennessee high schools, so I think it's relevant. The Chattanoota Times Free Press reported this morning Sara Meek of Brentwood Academy, one more scholarship player and 4 walk-ons won't be back next year. I thought she might have been the most highly recruited in-state player UTC had ever signed, too bad for Lady Mocs. I was told an assistant left the program a couple of weeks ago, a girl I thought knew what she was doing, now this. UTC's coach blamed it on homesickness for Meek. The player couldn't be reached. Two of the walk-ons I thought were pretty good in high school. One of those was Gina Sterchi of GPS. That paper said- "Sterchi said she was leaving the team for personal reasons and refused to elaborate." I think I will just leave my opinions on this out of it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara did not leave UTC for homesickness, maybe something else is sick. UTC has alot of answering to do, losing some pretty good players. Heard some of the Chatt players were thinking about not playing there because they were home sick too. Maybe "We Have A Problem!!!"

Sara will still play & is now searching her options. Good Luck to her whoever gets her-

Indian, I hope you keep everyone updated on this. I also will not express any opinions here. I have heard some of the same homesick issues about 5-6 years ago. I hope if there is anything to this, these great players and asst. coach will help get to the bottom of this. UTC has had a great reputation for many years with some very good talent. It would be ashame to have rumors or possible mad players looking to hurt someones reputation.