Boyd Buchanon

tim4cane

Ok here is the Boyd post. Lets not trash their fans lets talk football. I peronally dont feel after losing what they did last year they can make it o the state finals. Having said that they are good.

Here is their schedule: They are only scheduled for 8 games. I see a 5-3 year. Loses will be baylor goodpasture, south pitt.

Wk 1-Open

Wk 2-Baylor (h)

Wk 3-Walker Valley (a)

Wk 4-Whitwell (h)

Wk 5-East Ridge (a)

Wk 6-South Pittsburg (h)

Wk 7-Goodpasture (a)

Wk 8-Lookout Vally (a)

Wk 9- Open

Wk 10-Copper Basin (a)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd does play Howard at home for the 1st week. Baylor and Goodpasture may beat us but, South Pitt. wont. The Bucs get way to fired up every year for that game and its homecoming this year. I think we will suprise alot of people this year just like we did last year. no one pickud us to be in boro last year and we did. and we gave CPA all they could handle. Boyd isnt rebuilding its reloading!

Not a genius, just common sense. A quarterback like Healy comes along to a small school once in a blue moon. Boyd had an excepional team last year. Without Healy it would have been just a good team. There are lots of good teams around and this year Boyd will only be good. I wouldn't say SP will be exceptional, but they will be good+.

Not a genius, just common sense. A quarterback like Healy comes along to a small school once in a blue moon. Boyd had an excepional team last year. Without Healy it would have been just a good team. There are lots of good teams around and this year Boyd will only be good. I wouldn't say SP will be exceptional, but they will be good+.

I agree on your comments about Healy, that kid scared me silly watching him in the Blue Cross Game. He and Jonathon Ward of Collinwood are probably the two best QB's I have ever seen play in 1A.

Krp, A team does not revolve around one player. yes will was a great leader and the best quarterback in the state. but there are other good players. Drew Akins is just as mobile as Will was last year. He just lacks the arms strength right now. But if he hits the weights over the summer that will take care of it. Also we still have Defensive MVP of the state game Jeremy Davis. Our defensive line only lost two guys. The secondary only lost one guy Linbackers only lost two guys. But there replacements are just as good. Forget buying shells we are just putting in another clip

Both of those guys could flat out play but I think there,s going to be alot of Byrd watching this year. He can beat you on either side of the ball any play. Also look for Austin James of Greenback to put up some huge numbers.

I have not had the privelege of watching Byrd yet Pujo but I do hear great things about him.

I should also add JP Shelley to the list of great 1A QB's even though he graduated in 2002.