Top 15 PG's in the State--Class of 2004

The Class of 2004 is the most loaded PG class the state of Tn has had in many, many years. There are 15 PG's that are getting D-1 recruitment and could end up at that level. The list includes some surprises, as many players have really helped their stock this summer...

Top 15 Rising Senior PG's:

1)Reiley Ervin, White Station, 5'9, Midstate Ballerz Elite

2)Andre Allen, BTW, 5'9, Memphis YOMCA

3)Brandon Burney, Montgomery Central, 6'1, Tn Dreams

4)Henry Harris, Stratford, 6'1, Tn Travelers

5)Adrian Banks, Trezevant, 6'2, Memphis Bobcats

6)Justin Hare, Bradley Central, 6'2, Tn Travelers

7)Jason Black, Westview, 6'4, Midstate Ballerz Elite

8)Rodney Chatman, Haywood Co, 5'9, none

9)Chris Holley, Ridgeway, 6'1, Memphis Bulldogs

10)Jarret Jones, Chester Co, 5'10, none

11)Kelvin Lewis, Melrose, 5'11, Memphis Bobcats

12)Reece Bishop, Warren Co, 5'9, Warren Co AAU

13)Chris Darden, LaVergne, 5'9, Nashville Stallions

14)Zach Gulmire, Oak Ridge, 5'11, Tn Breakers

15)Carlos Taylor, Lausanne. 6'0, Memphis Lakers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl,

Ramon is a 2G. You've said so yourself. He runs 2G in AAU and in High School. So I classified him as a 2. As for Reiley, I think Reiley is a better PG, and lit up Burney and Ramon head to head for 26 points....

Why are you upset about Burney being ranked so high at #3 PG in the State??? That's higher than ANYBODY else has him, so give me a break. I have him ahead of some great PG's, who have all proved themselves against not only one another, but also on the national scene, such as Hare and Harris. I wish I could see Burney against some of these top names, especially those out of Memphis like Allen, Holley, Banks, Lewis, and Taylor...... That being said, I think you should be happy at Burney being ranked so high.......................................................

I have to agree with Coach Reed on the Ramon Williams issue... he is a POINT GUARD. Im sure you have gone to some of the Indians games. So you of all people should know that he is the one who gets the Delk twins the ball. Ask them... And as far as having Reiley Irvin as the # 1 point prospect in the state...(are you serious) How is he ranked over Andre Allen, TN's Mr. Basketball?

And the Burney issue, you act like you are doing him a favor by ranking him so high.. He has made his own name this summer...and in Williams and Burneys defense, you should check you official score's book again.

They both blistered nets against the ballerz, and won the game. And you said " The showed why they are one of the best guard tandems in the state"

Are you kidding me GOMAB!!! If you are listing the best point guards in the state.....and you did say POINT GUARDS then you need to move the kid from Oak Ridge and Bradley Central up on the list...they are true point guards they handle the ball well and set up the offense and dish the ball first then look for their shot. I think you just look at how many points the guy scores and then make him out to be a superstar. I am about tried of hearing all of your rankings anyway, because all you do is talk great about the kids you coach and criticize other kids that do not play for you. But i know you are a superstar COACH and you know what you are talking about and one day you will be coaching college basketball. But if you are coaching for the right reason (for the kids) you will quit all your BS and help every kid in the state of Tennessee improve their game.

The only reaon anyone pays a bit of attention to the great and powerful GOMAB is beacuse people get so hyped up about his rediculous rankings. If everyone would just look at it for what it is, (a tired AAU Coach with too much time on his hands) no one would care. You all know that no one of any significance pays a bit of attention to what GOMAB thinks. We all know what he is in it for. Let him have his fun and we will still all have something to laugh about.

Edited by TheTruth12

Irving lit them up give me a break!!! Look at the scorebook Gomab, not yours, the official one. Every kid you coach is an All American. We beat you pretty easily so don't get on the board saying how one of your kids killed us. It was a 15-20 point game pretty the whole game until you guys hit some meaningless threes with 2 minutes left to go. You are a coward that hides behind a computer. You are pretty ridiculous you know!!! My players make their own names I don't have to get on the board and make crazy posts about how great my players are. By the way is Lebron still coming down to play with you this summer. Oh I forgot you already have better players.

Gomab:

You have some good players listed. We AAU coaches know that these kids can play ball. When you make your ratings, could you please post there GPA and ACT scores? This information will be benefical to college coaches and evaluators. The Tnbreakers #3 is a very excellent point guard. I was impressed with his game, but what was more impressive is that he made a 26 on the ACT and he was taking it over to make a higher score. We need these top 15+ to make it to divsion one.

Thank you

Great post, jk.... It's nice to have someone actually post something constructive on here....

Jk... that's exactly what I want to see: a record number of Tn HS hoopers this year signing Division 1, especially at the loaded PG position....

Congrats to Gulmire for his 26 ACT. Reiley Ervin is on the same page, with a 27 ACT. It would be hard to post everyone's academics, because I don't know most of them. I know Jason Black has a 21 ACT....

Taylor is a very good player, and a top 20 PG...

Now Carl: Post something constructive for once. Quit whining on here. If you dont' like the rankings, either do your own or don't read them. That simple. Why don't you get off these boards and go play in a tournament or something....

Congrats again on all the Top PG's in the state of Tn! Let's get as many kids as we can to D-1 schools this year!!!!! :D

Great post, jk.... It's nice to have someone actually post something constructive on here....

Jk... that's exactly what I want to see: a record number of Tn HS hoopers this year signing Division 1, especially at the loaded PG position....

Congrats to Gulmire for his 26 ACT. Reiley Ervin is on the same page, with a 27 ACT. It would be hard to post everyone's academics, because I don't know most of them. I know Jason Black has a 21 ACT....

Taylor is a very good player, and a top 20 PG...

Now Carl: Post something constructive for once. Quit whining on here. If you dont' like the rankings, either do your own or don't read them. That simple. Why don't you get off these boards and go play in a tournament or something....

Congrats again on all the Top PG's in the state of Tn! Let's get as many kids as we can to D-1 schools this year!!!!! :D