Best pitchers in Tennessee

manbeast

Yes, Dyersburg faced him at Northside, 2weeks ago. They couldn't do anything with him. He struck out 16 batters. Only had 2 player to go 3-2 in the count and he struck them out. Only 4 batters even touched the ball. He is the best picher I've seen this year, by far. The scouts are all hot on his trail. He's got my vote as best pitcher in the state. He signed a letter of intent to catch for Auburn, I was told. He can play just about anywhere. He's had some good coaching along the way some where. he has great mechanics.

[Edited by figbar on 4/23/02 6:56P]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest warrior23

Bledsoe County has 2 leftys that are good Steven Holland and Isaac Youngblood. Steven throws in the upper 80's and has some good junk. Isaac does not throw but in the 70's but has a killer drop ball. Steven is a senior and Isaac just a Junior

All ive gotta say is that the blackman pitching staff is awesome last night michael house took control in the blackman, lavergne game and he proved that lavergne's hitters are a JOKE!!!! but we cant give all the credit to michale house because blackman's hitters started hitting the ball early in the game.

I saw BJ Church for the first time Monday at Soddy Daisy. He is by far the best high school pitcher I have seen. The scouts had clocked him at 88 mph in the third inning or so. It seemed as if he picked up the speed as the game went into the sixth and seventh innings. Not only does he have a good fastball, his curveball is unreal. When you mix those two pitches up, any team in the state is going to have trouble hitting. Travis Simmons, who was pitching for Cleveland, also had a heck of a game. I think they said that the scouts had clocked him around 84 mph, which is still bringing it. Both pitchers brought their A game, and pitched a heck of a game. However, Cleveland scored two runs off of Church in the eighth inning thanks to a blooper over the second baseman's head by Jarred Gaston of Cleveland. They pulled Church after that, but Soddy scored two off of Simmons the next inning to tie it up. Soddy ended up scoring in the bottom of the ninth and winning the battle. Great performances by both teams, especially BJ Church and Travis Simmons.

• 1 month later...

I know i have already posted two messages on this kid but i have to say he is the real deal. He went to school with BJ Church and got no innings compared to BJ. I hear the kid was throw 91 out of high school but just recently i saw with my own eyes a summer league game with about 10 scouts in the stands. I thought it must have been a joke until i saw the 93 on the gun in the 7th inning the lowest fastball he threw the entire night was 89. I thought he had had just a good night but i was wrong i returned to see his second game in which he hit 92 in the 7th inning

JOSH TALLENT remember the name

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Boxbliss1

I find it amusing that LaVergnes Matt Scott was not included in this discussion. I guess a AAA state title, State tourn. MVP, Region MVP, District RH Pitcher of the year, a fastball in the low 90's (yes even in the 9th inning against Beech HS in a 1-0 win) are not enough to get anyone's attention. Oh yes, I left out Mid State Player of the Year.

My vote for best pitcher in Tennessee is Blake Carver, a leftie at Cleveland High School. He has great control and an awesome pickoff move. His record in 2002 as a sophomore was 7-3. He is 5-0 in summer ball with the Chattanooga Colonels, not giving up any earned runs.

• 4 weeks later...