Comcast Sports Southeast High School Football

splainshornet

As a Fiber Optics Engineer, allow me to shed some light on the situation (Pardon the Pun).

For comcast to broadcast a game, they do not always need a fiber optic line to the home field. They typically can broadcast over temporary ground to ground microwave links or via a satellite channel if they have a spare channel assigned to them for that duration.

The constraint of Fiber Channels usually comes in the distribution to the households. A Fiber Distribution Channel to the neighborhood allows comcast to transmit more channels as they are now only going a short distance on coax. (Typically 200-1000 ft depending upon the distance of the home from the Fiber Hub). If Fiber is not deplyed in the distribution, the design is a lot more restrictive as attenuation and adjacent channel interference become significant. As a result of this, these areas may not be served by the full channel lineup and High School Football will likely be one of those channels.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The QB graduated but the fullback is back. He will get double duty at middle linebacker this year. Our spring was rough to say the least. Most of our starting line was unable to play. Link will be our starting Qb. He appeared to be the one bright spot during the spring. He has a pretty good arm and can flat out fly. If we can get some experience early in the defensive secondary and find a consistant runningback we could have a very good year. I don't know though, the other teams in our region will be gunning for us after last year. Hendersonville should have a lot of speed but probably won't be as big. Beech is ever dangerous with R.J Meadows. Antioch was very young and had one of the best backs in Coker that I saw last year. These top teams will battle it out for the playoffs in my opinion.

But more on the subject...Beech -Gallatin would be a good one for Comcast. Antioch- Hunters Lane might draw some attention too from Nashville.

Good luck to Franklin this year, I expect big numbers from those recievers and if you can find half the back that Otey was ya'll will go far again.