State's top pitcher

Indian

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I used a vague word like top on purpose. If you think that means most strikeouts, lowest ERA, state titles, whatever you think top means that's fine. I used 10 and I know some were left out but this probably got most of the best ones. I don't know how many responses this will get because of the plus member requirement but maybe it can drum up some interest.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this poll work? I guess I'm not too smart, but I can't figure it out. I clicked on the box to see the poll results, and I not only got the results, but a message that I had already voted. Is there some way I can find out whom I voted for? If so, is there some way to cancel it if I don't agree with myself?

mynameis- You really thing Danielle is that good? She has 6 or 7 good pitches, but Megan Rhodes has 3 pitches that according to the stats... work better. Megan is awesome, Danielle is great. Cassie Stanfill is great, Allison Tyree is great. Danielle has a much better team behind her, which makes her record what it is, and puts a ring on her finger. I think the thing that makes Megan better is odvious. She has the best ERA, and the most K's in the state. How is she not the best? I don't want to face her.

I am not trying to make anyone mad. Especially people from Goodpasture b/c you all know Danielle is my best friend. I just think Megan does not get the credit she odviously deserves. Megan is the best. :lol:

Rhodes is the best in a one or two game set, but Peroini is better more games the Rhodes. I say Peroini becasue she is good for one game, and in a tournament. Where as after one or two games in a tournament Rhodes starts losing her stuff. I like the one you can ride for a whole day not two and worry. By no means I am I saying that Rhodes doesn't have all the goods because she sure does.

I know most players would rather face Rhodes in her third game of the day than would rather face Peroini. Both GREAT pitchers and fun to watch. Rhodes is by far more important to her team. She was the best pitcher I watched for one game, but the way Peroini just keeps going and going is amazing.

Danielle is consistent over a long period. Megan is not as dominating in her third game, but she is still good. It may just be me, and the fact that i have faced Danielle about 20 times, but I would still rather have Danielle than Megan. I understand what you are saying, and it may just be something in my head, but I don't wanna face Megan. Plus it really doesn't matter who can go the distance in summer ball, because good teams have more than one good pitcher.

I have seen both pitch, Danielle and Megan, as a spectator at Spring Fling. If i were a player, i would rather face Danielle. Megans windup is very awkward, and its hard to figure out what pitch is coming. Both arms are completly opposite to each other, and can throw off a players timing. Thats my opinion. Both are great pitchers and both are hard to face, im sure. Both have amazing changeups. Thats the one pitch that i notice the most. If you have an affective changeup, and use it at the right time, you will be tough to hit.

Mynameis

I'm not sure which tournament you observed where Megan Rhodes was losing her stuff after a game or two. She pitched three games in a day three times this spring, all with an ERA of 0.00. Was it in the Bob Jones tournament in Huntsville against Buckhorn where she had 16K's? Or the Franklin tournament against Oakland where she had 13K's in 6 innings? Or perhaps it was the district tournament where she went 21 straight innings (15-20 minutes between games) and shut out Macon Co. and Greenbriar (state champs)? It seems hard to believe that someone who can add up 559 K's in a season with an ERA as low as her's can't go the distance. Considering how hard she throws, it stands to reason that she might lose a little speed, but it still seemed to get the job done.

Edited by slr52

Mynameis

My daughter played with Megan and I can tell you that she is still a great pitcher after 2 games. As was stated in the post by slr52 she had 3 tournaments this past year that she pitched 3 games and was just as hard to hit in the 3rd as she was in the 1st, ask the girls that faced her B) I'm not sure a post on "who is the best" can be settled. It all depends I think on who you see more often. My daughter plays on the Brentwood Blues and they have 3 great pitchers, Megan Rhodes, Allison Tyree, and Kari Gore. All of these girls are great and all have different styles to offer depending on the team they are facing. I'm just glad we are on the same team as these 3 girls instead of playing against them B)

I knew that when I made my post everyone would tell me I was wrong and thats ok. As far as the tournament where I saw Rhodes pitch it was at the Worth tournament and the last game on Friday night between Lipscomb and Pisgah, AL had the two most dominating performances I saw all year. Both pitchers destoyed the opposition and it ended a 0-0 tie. As I said Rhodes is a very dominating pitcher, but I watched Peroini go Five straight games that Saturday and not lose anything until the very end of the last game. There is NO other pitcher in the state that could have dominated that level of competition for that many games in a row.

I agree that Summer ball is completely different. The two are head and shoulders above the rest. Rhodes has incredible velocity and a wind up that is intimidating to any hitter. Peroini has great stuff with better endurance. One had a better overall team behind her and thats why one had a State and one didn't.

There probably isn't a definative answer for this one. I think we are all lucky to have seen these two play this year in our state and throughout this summer. I have typed enough, just got out of the hospital...tired... B)