Dyersburg Football

OUTSPOKEN1

I think that Dyersburg football is to often missed as one of the Power Houses in Region4-A. We have been at the forefront of the Region for the last couple of years and now we've had enough we are taking no prisoners if you're on the train you better buckle up and if you're not you're about to be hit by it. I am the Conductor now and I won't settle for less than a CHAMPIONSHIP so get ready!!!

OUTSPOKEN1 B)

It is true that they have not won a state championship, but they do have a great deal of talent and they have one of the best head coaches in TN. Dyersburg will be very good this year. It really depends on if they can stay healthy, last year the injury bug bit them and they had absolutely no depth built up, especially at QB. However, I think that problem is solved and they should contend for a spot in Murfreesboro.

I totally agree with you Dyersburg is extremely well coached,and always seem to have alot of speed and talent, I hear that d-town has an incoming freshman from the county junior high that will start and be a major factor in the trojan success this fallis there any truth to this.

yep, they do have several stud fresmen that will play a lot....

the one that will probably start is 6'2 230 freshmen that will play def end.......

he has very good speed.....

he is also very strong for his age......during the spring hs weight lift comp at dyersburg, he was just fooling around and was able to match the best lift for some of the sophs from JCM, dyersburg and munford......

he will def be a impact player his soph to sen year....

remember his name....BIG COUNTRY CODY........

OUTSPOKEN ONE (jb)....you are so right...this season will depend on how you answer the challenge.....

last year, you guys could have won 10 games if you had a "conductor"......and had not suffered some unfortunate injures to "key skilled" positions....

not taking anything away from the back-up qb, but a new offense with a very green sophmore qb was not quite what a coach would hope for...

now that your "back in the pocket"........ what will this season bring?

counce and his trojans have averaged winning 70(+)% of their games under his leadership.......however the last two seasons have been very disappointing for him and his players....

so what does this year have in store?

Wanna know why Dyersburg hasn't (and Won't for a LONG time, I'm willing to bet) Won the big one...........Ever?

Simple.

Kids in Dyersburg Like to Party. Like Nothing else on the Planet. Trust me, I should know. I did MORE than my share. the mentality among kids in Dburg is "there's entirely too much fun to be had while I'm in High School....Sports are nice, they get me noticed and invited to more parties, but I'm not willing to put Heart and SOUL into it"

The Families are Great, the Boosters are Great, the administration is adequate, the Facilities are (minus a tornado setback) top-notch.

but until the KIDS themselves put the time and effort into winning, the only way you see the Trojans Playing after Thanksgiving is to go watch Basketball.

this falls 8th grade team is the best group i have seen in 20 years...

their "o" and "d" line does average about 235 and they are quick...several of them 8th graders also stand at 6'0....

but not only is the "o" and "d" line good, they have excellent "skilled positions".... as one coach put it, this is the first time in his coaching career that the middle school team had every position on both sides of the ball filled with talent.... in the spring scrimmage with Milan (who is always a very tough middle school program) dburg scored 4 or 5 times on their first 10 series possession....

can't argue about the kids in dyersburg do like to party ( i probably know more about that for sure)....however i can say under james counce that the football players are dedicated and work their tales off....the problem is that there are some very talented kids who are not playing who would rather "cruise" and "party".......

this fall will mark the 4th anniversary for the pee-wee football program in dyersburg...it appears as if this program will have a huge impact on the middle and high school program as more kids are playing and catching the fever......some proof of that lies at the middle school, in 2001 regular season they went undefeated and pretty much unchallenged, last year they only lost 1 game......the coaches and the local sports hounds all credit the pee-wee league for the turn around.......more kids are playing

the future does indeed look bright....just hope that coach counce sticks around cause he has the skill coming up to make a serious run for the 4A championship for the next 4 or 5 years...