D-B vs. Sullivan North

backinblack

Hey I have to give it to you Indians, a game well played gentlemen. You stuffed us, but we should do well in our own conference as I am sure you will in yours and Waco I am still gonna be here, aint no one running me outta here doll. I love football too darned much, and Db came out with their hearts on their sleeves last night no doubt. They played a good game and messed us up. No excuses, just that. Congrats guys and good luck to you in your next endeavor.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outcome of this game is a good example of why you don't run your mouth before a game. Be proud of your team, but don't say it's a new day in Bloomingdale and it's a too big a team and a too strong a team for a down D-B to handle and you've seen D-B and they are down this year and North is as fast as

D-B and so on and so on...I think North has some good looking players on their team and the coaching staff has people excited about this team, that is great for the community, the school, and the Kingsport area as a whole.

The game was completely dominated by the strength of the indians and their speed as well...North attempted one pass that was picked off and returned for a D-B touchdown (it was called back by penalty - away from the pick) - 78 total yards of offense...I guess backinblack probably is today (back in black, as in, in mourning)

Good luck to the Golden Raiders the rest of the way, I hope you win them all.

Congratulations Indians, work hard and get ready for next week, be healthy.

Roll Tribe Roll

Everyone runs their mouth a little before a game, but let me tell ya something we didnt anymore than anyone else does on here, I myself if you go back and read my posts say good things about both teams. Its football and its the way it is.And all parties are guilty of running a little out the mouth. Things are changing in Bloomingdale and it aint over yet you still get to meet the jv and freshman teams next week lol. More fun eh? Good luck to you guys. Next few years just wait and see. It aint over til the fat lady sings. And she will be singing in Bloomingdale once things get going. You have to remember we do have a new coach and new ways of learning. And a short time to do it in, and if you read the paper we did things last nite we havent done all summer. They played hard and made mistakes, but by no means are down for the count.

Hey guys. I did see the DB @ North game, let's say from an upclose perspective. It was ugly and could have been worse had DB chosen to run it up. What amazes me however is how well some fans brag after their victories. It's easy to brag afterwards. Why do it? I know North is expecting to improve, and it not an instant process, but did anyone really expect what is currently an at-best average 3A team to beat a state top 10 5A school? I'd be careful which games I crowed about. :D

Hey, good looking job out there Indians.Let me say that i was impressed, but let me also clear up a couple of things.I never said D-B had a bad team,if you look back at the first of this post and some other posts, i said D-B had a very good team.Never did i say a bad thing about D-B.Yeah i talked about North being a real good team,and they'd be ready.They was ready alright you guys were the only ones ready.I still think North has got one of the better teams they've had there,but there gonna have to prove they wanna win.I think some of the kids played hard, but practiceing 5 1/2 hours game week for a team like D-B,tells me something.I thought all things considered North defense played pretty good, they stayed on the field all night, and on there own side about all of it.Special teams stunk, and the offense, what offense.The o-line got beat off the ball bad, and the backs didn't help much.First of all you gotta hold on to the ball, and you can't run inside straight up.A good back doesn't need a whole big enough to drive a truck through, all he needs is a crack or seam.I wasn't impressed with the backfield at all,very few times did they hit it up in there low and hard.Nor did they take advantage of the cracks or seams that was there.I think the coaches at North are very good coaches, and will get things righted.My opinion on the game,D-B wanted to prove something and they did.They looked very good, slightly struggled in the red zone at times,but looked very good to me.I wish D-B all the luck, and i'll be pulling for ya along with all teams from Kingsport.North,still my team,i was proud of the defense,great effort all things considered.Offense needs some tweaking and somebody to step up and hit that thing up in there.Special teams needs to really improve you can't try to kill a man in open field, gotta get a hold and just make the play.Good luck to both teams, You guys go get that region1 5A title,and we'll see what we can do about that 3A title in region1.

Well I keep trying to move on but something keeps drawing me back in here. I just wanted to say that two posters here Recruitguru & BackinBlack have alot of class. They never did trash DB, and were always behind their team 100%. Unlike several "DB Haters" that posted here, not because they were pulling for the Raders but because they wanted to see DB lose. That's pretty sad that its come to that.

I think North has a much better team than they showed last night. They didn't come out fired up nor did they play with any emotion. That suprised me. DB took advantage of two mistakes by North and was up 14 points before I even started on my popcorn. North couldn't recover and that was it. Another big problem was their offense line. They have some good ones, and are capable of doing much better. I thought the Quarterback was real scrapy, but just wasn't getting any help from the line. Your defense played good I thought, holding DB several times on 4th. down.

North needs to move on and put this game behind them. They could still have a great season.

WaCo's out...again