Beech V.S. Franklin

loveofdagame

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if "took it to Franklin" would be accurate description. (Though you did take it to our punter's knee :blink: ) It was a three-way controlled workout more than anything. The teams got about 20 plays on each other towards the end though. I didn't really keep up with how many times anyone scored to tell ya the truth. Indeed Beech did seem to hand Franklin easily (but moreso the Beech defense handled the Franklin offense well), but remember these things: 1) it's the fourth day of pads... 2) Franklin's top two receivers were not in action today (though Joe Bell looked good at WR as I've said on another thread)... 3) new QB and RB- gonna take a little time for them to get the hang of things, as for any new starter. Though, RB Tony Hammond did have several good carries today. Really powerful and if he can break free, super fast. The Franklin defense looked fairly solid though going up against Beech. Nothing really special, but Beech wasn't able to do too much. That's just the way I saw it. Again, this was just a controlled thing, more just to get the guys some reps versus other people than anything. Franklin's real scrimmages are on Tuesday at Franklin County vs Franklin County and Smyrna... and Friday at Riverdale.

Edited by FHSrebel27

Beech is also on its 4 2-a-day in full pads and this was beech's first scrimmage of the summer. Franklin didnt stop beech's offense at all and the d shut out franklins(1 string defense). Overton was big and have good speed in the backfield but Franklin defense and Beech's handeled it well.

Franklin's defense didn't stop Beech's offense at all? Hmm, I disagree with that. Again, I emphasize the fact that this was nothing more than a controlled scrimmage. You can only take what's observed with a grain of salt. I also emphasize again that Nichols and Murray were not on the field for the Rebels today. I'm confident Franklin's offense would have broken several big plays with them out there.

Well are you going to make this excuses when someone gets hurt during the season.. Yeh it was a controlled when they did special teams but during the scrimmage part it was all out.. It seems like to me that those to players make yalls team that is not good. But hats off to Franklin they are a good football team an all they can do is get better. But same for Beech an Overton. So maybe the bucs might meet yall in the playoffs.

Well are you going to make this excuses when someone gets hurt during the season.. Yeh it was a controlled when they did special teams but during the scrimmage part it was all out.. It seems like to me that those to players make yalls team that is not good. But hats off to Franklin they are a good football team an all they can do is get better. But same for Beech an Overton. So maybe the bucs might meet yall in the playoffs.

Controlled during the special teams, eh? Does Beech understand what that means? I think that means you DON'T go full steam after the punter! Don't even get me started on that again.

First off, knock on wood, hopefully no one will get hurt during the regular season. However, I do feel that an injury to a certain player can certainly affect the outcome of a game, so I wouldn't feel bad using that as an excuse. So sure, I'd say that if someone key gets hurt (again, knock on wood) during the regular season.

It may have been all out, but still, it was not a real scrimmage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the TSSAA allows three scrimmages in the preseason. Franklin's three are Franklin County, Smyrna, and Riverdale. This was just a workout with another team, similar to what the Titans are doing with the Dolphins. While there is some 11 on 11 action, you see that during a regular intersquad practice. That's all I'm saying.

Well i was at this scrimmage an it was good work for both teams,but from what i saw Beech took it to Franklin.. Any comments.

Took it to Franklin.... If you are judging cheerleading by coaches and jumping up and down like fools when you make a tackle at the line of scrimmage, then by all means you will probably ...Take it to everyone ...in your Fantasy season :justwrestle: .

How about an evaluation of ability rather than cheerleading? You have an aggressive safety #2 that comes to the corner well. You have an average back #5 who despite Franklin's speculation of DeFatta situation, maybe able to get to the ouside against some slower defenses. Your hogs need alot of work on technique, while large in size, they didn't show well. If you have a balanced attack, I didn't see it in the 7 vs. 7 passing drills. Special teams didn't impress me. The only speed I saw was #2. Did he play on the offensive side of the ball? I'm sure he must have but I didn't remeber where.

Scrimmages have nothing to do with strategy or game plans or play calling, they are simply an evaluation of talent, and in most cases an evaluation of Second String Talent, so don't get too excited by anything you see or don't see other than a sophomore or junior stepping up and playing much better than he did in the Spring or last season!