Best Sports Writer

WhiteTom

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I am and it is too bad because covering Morristown West was more exciting than any part of my job.

They are going to have to find some one else and from what I hear curent staff members are a little intimidated by the task.

O well maybe they can get their managing editor to do it, I heard he was a real people person. :D

Edited by ctsports

Bryan Mullen with the Tennessean is in his second year as the preps editor. He's a great guy with an entertaining and often witty writing style -- I hope they give him and his counterparts plenty of copy space soon (high school ball's been here alot longer than the Titans!). Harold Huggins (a local sports writing institution) and others at the Nashville City Paper have been writing good pieces on local HS summer practices / scrimmages for two weeks already.

Kudos to the staff of the Gallatin News Examiner and the Hendersonville Star News. The complete sports staff of Cecil Joyce and Craig Harris do a stellar job of covering the ever expanding world of high school sports in Sumner County.

Though the duo, and their staff of correspondents, are faced with the impossible task of trying to please everyone in the county, they do an excellent job of trying to balance the coverage. They also work to ensure that their stories are in The Tennessean the morning after a game. I have seen them work right until a 10:00PM deadline (that is right, 10:00PM) to get a story in the Nashville paper.

Thank you to the staff of Joyce and Harris. Keep up the good work, guys.