Williamson County Jamboree...

ftballkicker

Oh wonderful...and with the amount of people that should be there... great great. Well, I'll try to just pay attention to what's going on on the field then. If I get there late though, does that mean I'm probably doomed? And by late I mean, before the Brentwood/FHS game but after action has already started.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are doomed. Pretty much it will be a zoo with people trying to leave and arrive at the same time all during the game, parking lot roulette, hundreds of kids of all ages milling around trying to impress each other, parents from schools not understanding the format complaining that "is it over already?", taking up seats and space while you're trying to watch your game, and with a number of people wanting to see the "Main Event", it will be even more packed. If you get there early, you sit through games you don't care about, just killing time. Also, go to the rest room before you come or you will never see your game. I'm painting a pretty picture, aren't I? In reality, it's better to watch a scrimmage or your first real game than this mess.

The game to watch is the Freshman game. New Rebel Head coach Todd Jackson makes his debut! Rebels have 40+ out for freshman ball and many look good enough to be on varsity. Todd brings a level of sophistication and motivation to the freshman team that may prove to be quite impressive. Look for a blow out by the Rebels!!

Yes, you are doomed. Pretty much it will be a zoo with people trying to leave and arrive at the same time all during the game, parking lot roulette, hundreds of kids of all ages milling around trying to impress each other, parents from schools not understanding the format complaining that "is it over already?", taking up seats and space while you're trying to watch your game, and with a number of people wanting to see the "Main Event", it will be even more packed. If you get there early, you sit through games you don't care about, just killing time. Also, go to the rest room before you come or you will never see your game. I'm painting a pretty picture, aren't I? In reality, it's better to watch a scrimmage or your first real game than this mess.

Welllll, that's just wonderful! :unsure: Oh well. If I have to fight my way in, I'll fight my way in. Anyone know if they're gonna charge admission? Will need to save a bit of money if so (or just borrow some from the parents).

I'm excited about Thursday night as well. Two nights of preseason football. I don't know. I'm just ready I guess. Woo!

Let's not place such gloom on Page High School. The QBack Club their has been working hard to improve the atmosphere their. I do know they have new bleachers and the concession stand will be up and running, along with a booth that will be selling BBQ and other goods.

The football, wether your school or not, is worth watching, as the young men have been working and waiting to display their talents to the folks of the county. Regardless of who's playing, wether it's BHS, CHS, FairviewHS, FranklinHS, PHS, or RHS - First stringers or second/third - Varsity / JV or Freshman - these guys are all Williamson County! Let's be out supporting them all and enjoy FOOTBALL TIME in TENNESSEE!

I think Thursday night might be more exciting than Friday. Get to see all the young guns out there, see who looks promising for the next couple years. I would assume it will have more of a real feel to it than Friday night.

And it's not the fact that it's at Page I'm worried about. I'd be worried with this many people at any high school in the county. I'm sure they'll run it to the best of their ability.

I hope the county did a better job on your bleachers than the total disgrace they erected at the 11th hour at Brentwood. I don't think they could have screwed it up more if they had planned it that way.

By the way, the ultimate scrimmage will be at BHS tomorrow-Bruins against Riverdale. Spring Hill (again) wimped out and Crawford was able to land the Warriors at the last minute. Should be a good workout for both squads, and the second time they have met in a week!

I hope the county did a better job on your bleachers than the total disgrace they erected at the 11th hour at Brentwood. I don't think they could have screwed it up more if they had planned it that way.

By the way, the ultimate scrimmage will be at BHS tomorrow-Bruins against Riverdale. Spring Hill (again) wimped out and Crawford was able to land the Warriors at the last minute. Should be a good workout for both squads, and the second time they have met in a week!

We all have Brentwood to thank for our new bleachers. It was on their insistance that we all got new visitor stands. We love ours at Franklin, and while we wish no one bodily harm, we'd love to see Brentwood's collapse! I'm sure you have enough money amongst your boosters to have them built out of gold!

I'm curious as to what's wrong with those new bleachers at BHS? They looked fine the couple of times I saw them last year.

And be sure to let us know how the BHS-RHS scrimmage goes.